Thread: Can a buyer use my old cable/software

Can a buyer use my old cable/software

You guys didn't have any of this newfangled credit stuff when I bought in (s/n 00000A229G). I've sold the car - can someone else buy a 'transfer' or whatever from you guys to use my stuff on their car? TIA!

Jeff

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    yes, you can either give the login information to the person you sell your unit to and have him change the information over or contact us directly with their information & we can change it over.

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Thanks for the lightning-quick response, Bill! What will the cost be to add another VIN to my license? I went to your upgrade web page, but the "+ View More Information" link doesn't work for me.

Jeff

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I've alerted Keith to the website issue.

Here's what it should say
    Adding Vehicle Support:
    These instructions ONLY apply if you have a serial interface. If you have a new USB MPVI interface, please order additional credits through our online orders page.

$199 per vehicle type for your first 4 vehicle types (total includes vehicles shipped with the interface)
    $399 for all after.

You may only add GM Gen III and GM V6 vehicles to your serial interface. If you require LS2 or any other support, you must upgrade to the USB MPVI interface.

If you are a tuner or will be purchasing multiple vehicles it may be cheaper for you to purchase our bulk packages up front.

You can send payment via paypal to orders at, hptuners , com. Be sure to include your customer ID # with the payment and a brief description regarding the payment details.

You will receive your update via software download through the customer login page on our website. We will e-mail the paypal account that you used to submit payment with when your new update is ready for download.
    Last edited by Keith@HPTuners; 06-29-2007 at 08:45 AM.

Thanks again! So just to be clear, if I sell my HP Tuners stuff (s/n 00000A229G) to a guy who does not have the car that 00000A229G is licensed to, he'll have to send you guys $199 to add his car to 00000A229G?

What makes the info you posted unclear to me is that it refers to vehicle type. I think my potential HP Tuners buyer has an LS1 C5 like mine, so I could easily assume that he will not have to purchase a new vehicle type for $199.

Sorry to be so confuseld

Jeff

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Your under the same license structure as you've been under for the past 3 years. With only year/model & tunershop licenses available. So if you don't have the year/model license you need you'll need to purchase it.

I'm the person interested in buying 9secz equipment and was wondering what it would cost to upgrade to the USB MPVI interface "Standard" and "Pro" in case I decide to do that later on. I wanna make sure I understand the license upgrades correctly.

The unit already has license for 2002 Corvette so I can tune all 02 vettes

But:

If I wanna Tune a 1999 Corvette it will cost me $199 "But then I can tune all 99 Vettes"

If I wanna Tune a 2002 Grand Prix it will cost me $199 "But then I can tune all 02 Grand Prix"

If I wanna Tune a 2000 Camaro V8 it will cost me $199 "But then I can tune all 00 V8 Camaro"

If I wanna Tune a 2003 Corvette it will cost me $199 "But then I can tune all 03 Vettes"

Then I can pay $399 and I can tune all GM Gen III and GM V6 vehicles

Or is it $399 for each additional license?

Also if the unit is upgraded to the USB MPVI interface does all the license in this version get to transfer to the new unit or do you have to just start all over from scratch?

Thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    MPVI Upgrades
    Serial Std/EIO to MPVI Std upgrade - $149 (user must pay shipping for returned serial unit)
    Serial Std/EIO to MPVI Pro upgrade - $199 (user must pay shipping for returned serial unit)
    MPVI Std to MPVI Pro upgrade - $289 (user must pay shipping for returned MPVI unit)

$399 is for each addition year/model license after you have 4 on the serial unit.

If your considering tunershop pricing you would need to upgrade to one of our USB units.

If I do the upgrade will I lose all the current license that are in this unit?

If I do the upgrade will I lose all the current license in the old unit?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    no, all licenses get carried over to the usb hardware when you upgrade.