Thread: Question on PE Enrichment

Question on PE Enrichment

Russ Kemp has really worked my tune and the car is running very well at idle and streetability. Thank you sooooo much. My next step will be to install a WB and work on the WOT tuning but that will have to wait a bit.

In the mean time, trying to understand the delay referenced in the PE Enrichment section. Stock seems to be 5500 RPM and 15 Kpa. I do not see any explanation of the delay anywheres (unless I missed it ).

I assume the stock settings delays the PE enrichment (continue with LT/STFT's) until 5500 RPM's then utilizes the PE settings . My tune is set to 0 rpm, and I have read that it should be set to a value slightly above the rpm's needed to pull away in first gear (MN6).

What is the real scoop on this function. Where do you set it for maximum power (i.e drag strip) and will the narrowbands be enough to keep the WOT safe?

Thanks

Ed
    Last edited by mowton; 06-03-2007 at 10:00 PM.

Ed,

The PE delay should be at 0 rpm, I believe I set your tune that way. The NB O2 sensors are not at all accurate for WOT tuning,
    get a wideband for sure!

Russ Kemp

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    The PE RPM delay rarely is a factor in LS1 powered cars. Basically if the timer delay hasnt been met by the PE rpm delay then the car will automatically go into PE mode. Fortunatly most cars have little or no timer delay so unless you've setup the rest of your PE enabled tables to some off the wall high numbers the rpm delay will probably never need to go into affect. Its used more in trucks than anything from what I can tell.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    since we are on the subject can you look at my tune again russ. I installed a wideband and am reading it directly off the innovate unit. while at wot all i am getting is 13.2 afr if i am lucky sometimes leaner than that. my pe is set to 11.7. i dont understand how to correct it semms like setting pe divisor to 1.38 doesnt make sense something else is wrong. I am running 8lbs boost and dont want to melt anything.

I need to see a scan log, and the stock tune file. What size & brand injectors are you using? List your mods. Do you have an intercooler?

Russ Kemp

Another PE related question. The procedure for tuning the VE table is to disconnect (or set fail to 0 Hz) MAF and log throughout the < 4000 RPM range. One is also warned not to go into the PE mode.

If the delay is set to 0 rpm, does that mean you enter directly into PE? If so, do you have to set the delay to > 4000 RPM to log/tune the VE table? Is there a Fltr setting which will prevent skewing the data?

Thanks

Ed

Ed,

Just leave your VE table stock. I never found a good reason to tune the VE, then enable & tune the Maf.
    At the end of the day, you just want the actual AFR to match the commanded. And by leaving
    the VE table stock & tuning the Maf, you will get the desired result.

Russ Kemp

holy crap that is a long name for a tune!!

Why dont you put all that in the cal details? lol
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    The PE RPM delay rarely is a factor in LS1 powered cars. Basically if the timer delay hasnt been met by the PE rpm delay then the car will automatically go into PE mode. Fortunatly most cars have little or no timer delay so unless you've setup the rest of your PE enabled tables to some off the wall high numbers the rpm delay will probably never need to go into affect. Its used more in trucks than anything from what I can tell.

Very interesting. So you are saying that a timer will probably kick things into PE before the Delay RPM happens?

Where is this timer delay set? Can we see how long it is?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by bonaprp
    Very interesting. So you are saying that a timer will probably kick things into PE before the Delay RPM happens?

Where is this timer delay set? Can we see how long it is?
    im pretty sure the timer is set to 0 in LS1 based cars which is why you won't see it affect them.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"