Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High MAF Flow ???

High MAF Flow ???

I am kind of confused here. I got the VE fairly decent. went back to closed loop and tried to calibrate the MAF. Most of the numbers in the MAF-AFR Error is 0 or 1, well from 6750 hz and below. Above that Hz I am getting anywhere from -7 to a -14.

I cant get these unless I go WOT. I thought I read somewhere that when dialing this in you should be nice and easy on the gas. How will I get these then?
    99Z A4 w/ SS LT's, h/f cats, magnaflow catback, port/polish t/b, egr deleted, ls6 intake, lid, 3.73's, hpt, performabuilt level 1 tranny, 3600 stall, Stage 2.5 (5.3 heads), Torquer 2 cam, 42# reworked injectors, TR6 plugs.

2007 Avalanche LTZ - Catback and Eibach springs

IF you are in closed loop the AFR error should be low. Just use a filter where values are excluded: Commanded AFR <14.6
    Then filter the STFT/LTFT with: Commanded AFR >14.6
    Always Support Our Troops!

Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    IF you are in closed loop the AFR error should be low. Just use a filter where values are excluded: Commanded AFR <14.6
    Then filter the STFT/LTFT with: Commanded AFR >14.6

OK soooo , does this -9 im am getting above 6750 need to be dialed in on the MAF or do I not mess with that b/c its controled by the PE and I am only hitting it at WOT?
    Last edited by domestic rice; 06-05-2007 at 10:39 AM.
    99Z A4 w/ SS LT's, h/f cats, magnaflow catback, port/polish t/b, egr deleted, ls6 intake, lid, 3.73's, hpt, performabuilt level 1 tranny, 3600 stall, Stage 2.5 (5.3 heads), Torquer 2 cam, 42# reworked injectors, TR6 plugs.

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by domestic rice
    OK soooo , does this -9 im am getting above 6750 need to be dialed in on the MAF or do I not mess with that b/c its controled by the PE and I am only hitting it at WOT?
    DR

I think I can help you on this.

Take your tune that you were using for the VE and just enable the MAF

Then use 2nd gear in an auto or 3rd (I think) if manual and go WOT till redline.

Then just do the usual copy/special paste from the maf/afr error in scanner to the MAF table in editor.

DH

2004 MSG A4

Appearance: Billet Plate&Sill/SS Insert/Screens/Blackout/Lowered/CCW SP500

Perfomance: 416 CI/228-232@114/AFR 225/FAST/LS2 TB/36#Injectors/Honker/RPM(IV)/Vig2400/Z06 Ti/Kooks/3.42 Gear/Hotchkis/Bilstein/Z06 Springs/Eradispeed/Hawk HP+/Trans Cooler/B&M Trans Pan/RonDavies with EOC/Nitto R2's/AMWcan/Rocker Rails/Frame Savers

Mods & Tune: A&A Corvette

??? RWHP / ??? RWTQ
    1/4 mile: mid 11's ??
    WSIR 1:37.68

Not necessarily. It can be real data. However if you have AFR Error values that indicate going in the opposite direction, I would use those.

You can run a filter on data that you have already collected as well. Setup your histogram with filters and then just right click on the histogram and select "Load All" and your newly filtered data will be there.
    Always Support Our Troops!

I believe that I got my MAF dialed in good once again, below 6000 hz. For some reason when I try to special paste anything above that hz does not get effected. I am suppose to be useing this to dial it in at WOT all the way up right??? Is the maf hz

a few logs to help a brotha out with.

Anyone????

For some reason this is not making my MAF ERR any lower. I have dropped my hz down to the 100's at the max and its still not getting there. Anyone know what could be messing this up?

Not A Tuner
    Anyone????

For some reason this is not making my MAF ERR any lower. I have dropped my hz down to the 100's at the max and its still not getting there. Anyone know what could be messing this up?
    Try just manually adjusting the MAF table and see if that takes......

DH

I have dropped my maf way down and still does not effect the err. Should the MAF even out at WOT in the 6000+ or will the VE or PE need to be adjusted to have it match?

This is not making sense to me. Normal or part throttle is coming in fine, anything at WOT is way off and wont dial in.

Not A Tuner
    I have dropped my maf way down and still does not effect the err. Should the MAF even out at WOT in the 6000+ or will the VE or PE need to be adjusted to have it match?

This is not making sense to me. Normal or part throttle is coming in fine, anything at WOT is way off and wont dial in.

DR

I think you must be doing something wrong or some issue with your '99 PCM

Does your MAF table look anything like stock??

The MAF table is curved and changes quite drastically above the 6000 hz level.

My MAF is dialed in pretty good WOT maybe you want to look at it.

DH

For some reason I cant open your logs. I keep getting a "Unable to Parse Log" error. Your tunes open up no problem though.

No matter if it is stock or dropped way down a few hundred hz at the 9500 mark, I still get the -7 and such in the 5000 hz and up. I cant seem to get it to drop with the MAF Calibration adjustements.

Tuner in Training
    When you get your MAF data, does any of that data include WOT? From my understanding and what has been working for me...is you do not go into WOT when scanning the MAF.

Quote Originally Posted by Blown Interceptor
    When you get your MAF data, does any of that data include WOT? From my understanding and what has been working for me...is you do not go into WOT when scanning the MAF.
    If that is true then that would be what I am doign wrong. I read that you dont need to do WOT when doing the VE tune, but I read somewhere that when trying to dial in the MAF you would go WOT to hit the higher hz (airflow points). The higher when I am WOT is where it is not matching.

Not A Tuner
    DH

For some reason I cant open your logs. I keep getting a "Unable to Parse Log" error. Your tunes open up no problem though.

No matter if it is stock or dropped way down a few hundred hz at the 9500 mark, I still get the -7 and such in the 5000 hz and up. I cant seem to get it to drop with the MAF Calibration adjustements.

Also you are tuning the entire RPM range as high as you can go...forget that VE stuff it doesn't apply.

At lunch I am going to look at your MAF table. And see if I can read the log I posted. I never had anyone tell me they couldn't read a file I posted......maybe this indicates some problem with your scanner software??

DH
    Last edited by Dirty Howie; 06-15-2007 at 03:45 PM.

If the Maf AFR error is -7%, then you will be lowering the Maf table by 7%, not adding 7%.
    And I tune the higher maf table cells @ WOT from idle till red line.

Russ Kemp

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K
    If the Maf AFR error is -7%, then you will be lowering the Maf table by 7%, not adding 7%.
    And I tune the higher maf table cells @ WOT from idle till red line.

Russ Kemp
    Sorry........I don't know how I said that. Negative AFR ERROR is Rich so Lowering MAF Table will Lean it out..........VERY SORRY I WROTE THAT

I've actually done this right on my own car many times now............

DH
    Last edited by Dirty Howie; 06-15-2007 at 03:48 PM.

Senior Tuner
    I haven't look at the file, but it sounds like you are not re-enabling the MAF sensor properly. Is it connected? Is the MAF Fail set back to stock?

Not A Tuner
    DR

I was able to download my log file above ..... no problem.

But I could not download your .HPT although I could download your log file......just backwards of what you are experiencing.....and with the same "can't parse log" message.
    (*****I went back and manually opened your tune file from the download list instead of auto opening with the Editor from your posting and it works......you may want to try this with my log******)

Your LTFT are very impressive. And your WB readings are right on in cruise which I can't get with my PLX unless in open loop.

I did notice that you only have 1 cell count in most all high hz frames !!!!!!!!!!

I tune my WOT per RUSS's instructions

DH
    Last edited by Dirty Howie; 06-15-2007 at 04:14 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Ok, one thing I noticed. You have inpressive LTFT because the Long Term Fuel Trims are disabled (red arrow). You need to re-enable that, unless you want to tune via the STFTs (red circle, excluding WOT)?

Also, for the MAF vs. LTFT histogram is being filtered by [PID.68]>1 = Commanded EQ Ratio, yet you are not logging that PID, but you are logging Air Fuel Ratio Commanded Hi-Res = [SENS.121] or [PID.6001]
    Last edited by 12secSS; 04-02-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Not A Tuner
    Here is what I notice on your MAF table: IT IS ABOUT 30% RICHER THAN MINE !!

I will probably be wrong about this (so Russ, George please correct me) but shouldn't my 402 demand more fuel and have a higher MAF table than DR.

DR: just for the fun of it why don't you try copying my entire MAF table and see if what that does.......

DH