Thread: The proper way to Remove Torque Management

Tuner in Training

The proper way to Remove Torque Management

I have spent many hours reading all the threads but, I am gun shy as to tuning I realize I gotta jump in the water in order to learn to swim. What confuses me are the table and the numbers . If I could get a clear idea of what I am looking at I guess I would be OK. I went out and brought all the recommended books and some. I guess trying to transition to new school techonology is a scary experience esp since I gotta get to work and all. I some one could show me how to get rid of the torque mang for now I will be able to take it from here I am working with a 04 GTO Auto. all stock except for the K&N CAI. in DC Thanks
    2004 Red GTO , belongs to my Daughter.
    Daddy Built and Tuned
    Becareful in having Fun

Tuner
    here's something i wrote up

http://fla-thirdgen.org/torquemanagement.htm

With a stock trans, leave all the torque management tables stock. Then go the trans upshift torque reduction table (normal) &
    multiply it by .5. But first you need to get the shifts firmed up by increasing the shift pressure table (normal).Then set the
    Abuse Mode to disable, that table is to prevent brake torquing the car.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    thank you both so much......I really need help in filling out the tables. this is where i get so confused.
    2004 Red GTO , belongs to my Daughter.
    Daddy Built and Tuned
    Becareful in having Fun

Tuner in Training
    What if you have a 6 speed GTO? I just got finished changing a canned tune for someone today and I just eliminated the Brake Torque Management and the Maximum Torque vs RPM. Is this safe? I also used part of a tune in the depository that was just tuned for fuel with an LC-2 and the car seems to be running fine.

Let me know-
    Vincent.
    2011 Ford Mustang V6 Six Speed