Thread: 04-07 Ion 2.2L Not Supported

04-07 Ion 2.2L Not Supported

Hey Guys... There are a number of folks here in central Florida that have Ion 2.2L that at present are not supported. Just wondering if their is any chance that they will be in the near future?

Thanks,
    John Weber • 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T 6 spd Manual
    Premium Package • Sun Roof • Spoiler

All Stock so far... and lov'en it!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    future, yes

near future, probably not.

Different controller then anything we support currently.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Flytrap
    Hey Guys... There are a number of folks here in central Florida that have Ion 2.2L that at present are not supported. Just wondering if their is any chance that they will be in the near future?

Thanks,
    old, old, issue homie....
    The '07 Aura XR
    [In] XM ExpressEZ
    [Next] intake res delete, Tint, Eibachs

The Procharged Ion - SMP Stage 2 QC
    20/5 tint, SPS stb, CF dash, reflective bumper insert, 62mm TB, RL plugs, masked corners, progress rsb, RL fsb, 2.5" cat-back, triple pod w/ Boost, FPG, LC-1 & XD-16, filled front & rear mounts, pclear shorty shift, Procharged, Eibach Pros, 8k HIDs - 188.28whp / 175.03wtq, NO TUNE

Tuner
    yes it is, but we need to keep asking to not be forgotten.

Tuner in Training
    ive got a 2.2L ecotec in my GFs saturn vue that i hope to be turbocharging in the next year or so. Just for shits and giggles. I want to have it be reliable though for her, so im really hoping you guys release some tuning software for the 04-07 2.2L ecotec motors.

Also just out of curiosity how much of the vehicle is controlled by the PCM? Why isnt it possible to swap a PCM from say an 05 Ecotec Cavalier into a 2.2L ion or Vue, then program the PCM? Or would this just be incredibly difficult and overly complicated?
    Last edited by Jayson; 07-17-2007 at 01:20 AM.

Bill

You might want to do some checking on this issue. It looks like 2007 2.2 ions and cobalts are now using E67 controllers. I pulled a file out of a 2007 2.2 automatic Ion rental car that was definitely an E67 controller. The support for another E67 should be relatively easy.

Ed

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF Engineering
    Bill

You might want to do some checking on this issue. It looks like 2007 2.2 ions and cobalts are now using E67 controllers. I pulled a file out of a 2007 2.2 automatic Ion rental car that was definitely an E67 controller. The support for another E67 should be relatively easy.

Ed
    Did you send it to support?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayson
    ive got a 2.2L ecotec in my GFs saturn vue that i hope to be turbocharging in the next year or so. Just for shits and giggles. I want to have it be reliable though for her, so im really hoping you guys release some tuning software for the 04-07 2.2L ecotec motors.

Also just out of curiosity how much of the vehicle is controlled by the PCM? Why isnt it possible to swap a PCM from say an 05 Ecotec Cavalier into a 2.2L ion or Vue, then program the PCM? Or would this just be incredibly difficult and overly complicated?
    It's not a direct swap, one major problem is sensors, Other problem is how the PCM reads and controls those sensors. You're probably looking at a whole engine + wire harness swap. I know this is done on Honda's, but not for tuning purposes. Good luck
    06 Cobalt SS SC
    2.7 pulley
    42.5lb Injectors
    HPT VCM Suite tuned
    Custom SRI
    Tuned
    13.701 @ 103 Mph
    Best 1/4 mile Stock
    14.295 @ 102 Mph

02 TURBO Cavy 2200
    Finished
    Times coming soon