Thread: I am not understanding?

Potential Tuner

I am not understanding?

I am probably going to buy the Pro Kit for my car once i get the engine rebuilt, i will be adding supercharger, water/methanal injection, headers, exhaust, fuel upgrades, forged pistons & rods, stage 2 clutch, and more.

but i am not fully understanding the differences between the 2 is there a side by side comparison list of the 2.

also do i need to install a wind band controller? and if so how much are they i dont what to spend a whole lot just to buy one and what does the wide band controller do?

i am also not understanding the CREDIT deal it just confuses me even more i just want to use it for mu 2000 chevy cavalier 2.4L, can someone please explain it better to me i have read through the forums and still dont understand it.

i just want a better understanding of what i will be buying thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Pro interface allows you to integrate 0-5v signals from various sensors such as EGT, Wide Band, fuel pressure and others right into our scanner. You will have real time data from those sensors right next to your standard scan tool data such as TPS, RPM, MPH, etc.

Our MPVI Pro interface also has black box data datalogging of up to 1hr 30mins built in. What this means is you are able to scan your vehicle without the use of a laptop using the interfaces record button. You can then take the interface into your home to transfer the log contents from the interface to the computer. If you have an MPVI Pro it will require no hardware modification. Also note that VCM Scanner comes with both interfaces regardless as it is part of our VCM Suite package.

Those are the only things the pro adds over the standard interface. Everything else is the same.

As for the credit system if your only tuning 1 vehicle in your case a 00 cavalier it will use 2 of your 8 credits leaving you with 6 credits to tune other vehicles if you so choose. Not much else you'll need to understand at this point really. But if you need more of an explanation check here http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_edi...credit_faq.htm
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    As for the credit system if your only tuning 1 vehicle in your case a 00 cavalier it will use 2 of your 8 credits leaving you with 6 credits to tune other vehicles if you so choose. Not much else you'll need to understand at this point really. But if you need more of an explanation check here http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_edi...credit_faq.htm
    so i can use 2 credits to adjust my 00 cavy all i want for as long as i own it without using my other 6 credits?
    Last edited by zombie_002; 06-11-2007 at 09:49 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    correct.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"