Thread: How do you LB7 & LLY guys like your hptuner tuning?

How do you LB7 & LLY guys like your hptuner tuning?

How do you Chevy LB7 & LLY guys like your hptuner tuning? Lbz guys want to know. Thanks. Can you guys reset the taps on the alli? Do they have the shift on the fly for their program? If so how many tunes can you have save & switch too? Any real information you could share would be great. Thanks guys.
    Last edited by CRASHNBURN; 06-13-2007 at 07:38 PM.
    2006 LBZ Duramax 4x4 CC SB 2500HD SRW 4x4 LT1 (with extras), Blocked & Fingered, Fumoto drain valve, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Banks Ram Air, Access cover & Rhino over the rails, Victory Red.
    33'-0" Dutchman fifthwheel,Tekonsha Voyager Brake Controller

Banks Sixgun with HPTUNERS.

Anybody out there?
    2006 LBZ Duramax 4x4 CC SB 2500HD SRW 4x4 LT1 (with extras), Blocked & Fingered, Fumoto drain valve, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Banks Ram Air, Access cover & Rhino over the rails, Victory Red.

I cant comment on your post, but i do like your silverado's hood!

Tuner in Training
    Ive liked using it on mine but dont realy have a lot of experience with the dmax i bought hp to tune my LS1 and have just made very minor changes on the dmax cause i use it to tow and dont really want to buy a $5k transmission

It is proven the allison can hold an extra 85 hp save. 400 rwhp is the max your "should" go with the stock allison. You should dyno your truck to see where it is at stock. 360hp is at the fly wheel. Your rwhp stock is about from 288 to 300ish hp. This is for the six speed one. Most guys I know are running 100 hp on it with no problem. Some are running really big tunes on it. They limp it sometimes. People need to remember a stock truck can be damaged without a tuner if you are doing wot all day long too. You just need to watch the 5/6 6/5 gear switch & be safe about it. Or you will need to beef up the tranny.
    Last edited by CRASHNBURN; 06-14-2007 at 09:54 PM.

What kind of hp do you think you are running with it towing? What kind of mileage are you getting loaded & unloaded. Which year truck do you have & what specs on it?

Thanks for the comment on the hood. I really fell in love with that hood to. Have a good one guys.

Tuner
    Crash The allison is a great Trans but mine was on the verge of limp with a 85Hp tune. Untill I added the S-kit Jr I was worried.

As far as HPT? They are behind and working to catch up. Give them time and I am sure more will come. The other software had a big jump. Then again I had used there past software and been through the non-support.

HPT has always been there with good support. This is one of the reasons I went with them for the D-max. I was upgrading the shop software for GEN IV support anyway so it was a natural choice.

I do not get to play on the shop truck much. I have not got the Scanner setings quite where I need them yet. I really want to play with the transmission more then any thing. Not a great option at present. Poor transmission comunication is still and issue but I am sure they will have that fixed soon.

Customer service is Why I bought and why I will stay. If it is lost I would be forced to move on like I have from other 'Edit' programs
    Ellis
    Speed Secrets

95 Z28 18* LTx
    95 Z28 LSx converion
    03 CCSB 4x4 D/A

After my vacation this summer I am going to be adding the trans jr. kit to the truck too.