Thread: Tuning Question

Tuner in Training

Tuning Question

Hey everyone I am new to this forum, I recently moded my 2000 Monte Carlo SS, here is what I have done to it. Stage 1x blower cam,comp cam lifters,roll master single timing chain,auto lite 103's,taylor 8mm wires 180* tstat, 3" downpipe to a 2.5" SLP cat back, magnaflow high flow cat. I put in a blower cam because when I planned on doing the mod i had planned on putting a supercharger on as well but $$ became an issue so, I was told it would still work the same as a N/A cam just a couple less hp, heres my prob ive lost almost 100hp, the car is extremely sluggish and i am getting rediculous amounts of knock from 3500rpm on up, ive seen it as high as 12 counts!!! I recently purchased HP tuner and have found the car to be running on the lean side and for the life of me can not richen it up enough to reduce knock, so my ? is how would i get my car to be a rich pig so i am at least puffin smoke when i stomp on it? any and all help would be appreciated as I am extremely frusturated

Tuner in Training
    im not sure if this is what ya meant or my scan?

Try lowering your timing where you have KR (check the histogram in your scan). Dumpin fuel will just quench the KR.

If that doesn't get rid of it, try reducing TM. Post your scan so we can get a better idea of what's goin on.
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

Advanced Tuner
    Your not going into pe. Your pe enable table is set at 100 tps.
    After you fix that put your base afr vs ect back to stock and start from there.
    your lucky you didnt pop a piston.
    Last edited by ct06gto; 06-18-2007 at 06:58 PM.

Tuner in Training
    what should i set that at? the pe enable that is?

Advanced Tuner
    This is the stock pe enable table from a 01 grand prix gt. It should be identical.

I personally like to go into pe earlier. i would set it across the board to 50 tps.
    after you fix this you should be running pig rich. by the looks of your base afr vs ect table.

Tuner in Training
    ok awesome can anyone explain why it feels like the tranny is constantly slipping like i cant even break the tires loose?

Advanced Tuner
    Are you sure your not feeling spark retard. For every degree of knock you get your spark gets retarded 1 degree. If you were seeing 12 degrees of knock than your timing was retarded 12 degrees.

Tuner in Training
    im not sure what im feelin thats why im askin ever since i installed the cam cant even spin the tires and i raced a 3.4L camaro and lost horribly i shoulda roasted him just doesnt pull at all, im sure knock has somethin to do with it but idk any thoughts?

Fix the PE first... get the scans... maybe things will feel better.

After that, post a scan if stuff is still feelin weird... at that point, it's probably Torque management. I removed all mine
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

Advanced Tuner
    It would be nice to see a scan. Keep us informed on how things work out.

Tuner in Training
    yup im workin on the scan been workin mad crazy just an update it seems to be running better and pulls pretty decent until 3500rpms and it hesitates and starts runnin like crap again ill get a scan put up 2morrow prob

Tuner in Training
    ok everyone i scanned the car and i was watching the fuel system status and it never went into pe mode any and all help at this point is much appreciated i also had this ck engine code P0332 Knock Sensor 2 Circuit Low Input (Bank 2)
    Last edited by 00mcss; 06-21-2007 at 07:30 PM.

It actually looks like you are going into PE. Your scan is showing a commanded 12.x once you go to 100% tps. However sometimes it doesn't (like around frame 1000).

One of these guys will be able to help i'm sure.
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

Tuner in Training
    anyone here willing to take a look at my scan and see what i am doing wrong? Its posted above!

Tuner in Training
    any help? this car is going to be driven off a cliff i am extremely frusturated

try http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/ for some help... V6 crowd is much more abundant there
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1