Thread: P1810 needs removed

Tuner

P1810 needs removed

Okay guys, heres the background: last year installed a new GM tranny. Its an 03 trans in my 00 gtp. The problem I found after installed was that the tfp/prndl switch was different than in 00'. So I came up with a rewire and it worked fine. Other people have since done it and to my knowledge have had no issues. But since the install (with 3.69 gears, 3500 stall, LSD, shift kit and other race goodies) I have always complained about the HARD upshifts on normal throttle and the pcm keeps throwing P1810 at me. Well, that part is understood since I had to rewire and "trick" the pcm for it to recognize what gears it's in.
    Well, I did some looking at the diagnostics for p1810. When the pcm gets this code it defaults to MAX line pressure. So that would explain the harsh shifts bcuz I can clear the code every couple blocks and it shifts fine. Now, last year I unchecked the box for p1810 via hpt, but all that does is shut the mil off. How can I stop the pcm from testing this code?? If I can do that, all is well.
    Hopefully I made everything clear. Please dont hesitate to ask questions cuz I'm needing some answers very quickly.
    2000 GTP- S2X, diamond forged 9.5:1, balanced, Lucas 42.5#, GenV w/N*, stage 3 heads, custom PCM, ZZP SS IC, TOGS, MPS 3.0, Intensified 3.69's tranny - low 12's!!!!

Change the error mode to 3-no error reported. Might work for ya (it's the column beside the checkbox; contains a dropdown box).
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

Tuner
    Thanks xon, I did exactly that yesterday and it worked perfectly. It's been awhile since I used hpt and forgot I could change that section.
    2000 GTP- S2X, diamond forged 9.5:1, balanced, Lucas 42.5#, GenV w/N*, stage 3 heads, custom PCM, ZZP SS IC, TOGS, MPS 3.0, Intensified 3.69's tranny - low 12's!!!!

Potential Tuner

4t65e rewire

Hello,

I've read in several posts that you had to do some wiring modifications when you put a '03 4t65e into a '00 Gtp. Could you please detail these wiring mods for me, or point me to another source, as I'm in a similar situation with a '05 4t65e into a '99 Gt.

thanx,
    Justin

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry to dig up an old post, My '01 regal with a recently rebuilt trans, thew this code twice in one day. Very hard shifts. particularly annoying when driving in the city.
    Does shutting off the code disable the PCM from doing this.
    Or is there something else I need to do?
    The Regal has been laid to rest..... rust
    Now have an 06 Lucerne with the 3.8 and wishing HPT would cover that car
    Loved my 2001 Buick Regal GS.
    With more than 334,000K, 3.4 & 3.6 pulley, Change stats and pulleys with the seasons, Upgraded grounds & power wire, Volt booster, Caspers timing commander(AKA happy knob), Spectra intake-fender wall, PLog, 3" DP & 2.5 exhaust, HPTunner 12" Impala duel piston front brakes, New trans,GMPP suspension... yada, yada...

Advanced Tuner
    Just an update for anyone that reads this later.
    Deleting the code and the SES light
    Will Not keep the trans from shifting hard.
    If the part has failed the PCM will go into its default max pressure.
    The Regal has been laid to rest..... rust
    Now have an 06 Lucerne with the 3.8 and wishing HPT would cover that car
    Loved my 2001 Buick Regal GS.
    With more than 334,000K, 3.4 & 3.6 pulley, Change stats and pulleys with the seasons, Upgraded grounds & power wire, Volt booster, Caspers timing commander(AKA happy knob), Spectra intake-fender wall, PLog, 3" DP & 2.5 exhaust, HPTunner 12" Impala duel piston front brakes, New trans,GMPP suspension... yada, yada...