Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 98-00 Vortec V8/V6 beta

Tuner
    Finally got around to it.
    Pid List
    I also went into the chart and i added a sensor (Maf Hz) since i could not add the pid and the graph showed activty but no numbers were showing.

I attached my stock file if anyone would like to take a look and mod a few things feel free.
    I have k&n intake and Flowmaster Exhaust If you guys know a few things that would make the car go faster and more power or anything Plz mod it for me Thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    I can't get the crank relearn to work on my 2000 GMC Sierra 2500 Classic. Everything works except this. And also can't clear the check engine light codes. Any ideas?

Lifting, lowering, bolt on performance for any vehicle. In house CNC services. Turn key Sand Rails, Quads, ATV, UTV. Wheels and Tires.
    Dynojet 424LC and 250IX Certified Tuning Center
    335 Kietzke Lane, Reno, NV. 89502
    P: 775.327.4400 - F: 775.327.4401 - Email: [email protected]

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    sikgmc, what codes are you getting that you cannot clear?

Hyespeeder, I'll let Chris know about the needed scanner parameters so we can get them added.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    I can't clear P1336. Im not sure if the crank relearn is working.

Lifting, lowering, bolt on performance for any vehicle. In house CNC services. Turn key Sand Rails, Quads, ATV, UTV. Wheels and Tires.

Tuner
    Thank you

You guys are great awesome support.

Advanced Tuner
    HyeSpeeder,

Thats for posting your stock tune. The stock GM timing table looks very conservative, actually my first thought was pathetic. If my 5.7 tune is similar I really want to get access to the PCM. Can someone post up a 5.7 tune?

Bill,

I e-mailed support saying that the old beta software couldn't locate my PCM. I assume it's because my 97 is different, but is there anything else besides the fuse (the cable can get power from the the OBD2 plug, so I assume the fuse is good) that might cause the "unable to locate PCM" error? Thanks.
    Phil K.
    02 Camaro SS 5.7L LS1
    01 Silverado 1500HD 6.0L LQ4 4L80E 78/75 turbo with Flex Fuel

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by pknowles
    HyeSpeeder,

Thats for posting your stock tune. The stock GM timing table looks very conservative, actually my first thought was pathetic. If my 5.7 tune is similar I really want to get access to the PCM. Can someone post up a 5.7 tune?

Bill,

I e-mailed support saying that the old beta software couldn't locate my PCM. I assume it's because my 97 is different, but is there anything else besides the fuse (the cable can get power from the the OBD2 plug, so I assume the fuse is good) that might cause the "unable to locate PCM" error? Thanks.
    Its because its a different pcm more than likely that we don't yet support...I'll see if we can run some tests to see if its something we can/will support.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by pknowles
    HyeSpeeder,

Bill,

Here is a stock tune from a 1998 Chevy Silverado 1500 with a 5.7 and 40l60e.

Advanced Tuner
    Here is a stock tune from a 2002 GMC Sierra 3500HD cab/chassis box van we use for work. It is old body style with a 8.1 and a 40L80E.

Tuner
    How come theres no way to moniter knock retard?

Tuner
    In the histogram theres no way for me to log the Mainspark vs Airmass Vs Rpm

Advanced Tuner
    HyeSpeeder-does the crank relearn work for you? It seems to but I can clear the check engine light or the P1336 code.

Tuner
    I have cleared codes it seems to work .
    I will unplug a sensor tomorrow and make the light come on and see if it clears it.
    For the crank relearn i can check it out but will it mess up my car if it attempts to relearn but dont go all the way through.
    Whats the purpose of the crank relearn

Advanced Tuner
    I installed my 3rd Westers PCM a few months ago, and now my truck is telling me I need a case/crank relearn. This makes sure the crank sensor is sensing the piston position at top dead center I think. The sensor can become off over the years and hurt you performance a little.

Thanks!!

Tuner
    Whats the 3rd Westers PCM ?? sounds intresting

I will try the crank relearn today .

Advanced Tuner
    3rd pcm was just more adjustments, but I'm really not happy with it. The 1st pcm he sent me many years ago was much better. But then I changed my gears and tire size so he sent me a 2nd. It was so bad that your neck hurt after driving from the shifting and me speedometer was off by 25 mph. The 3rd wasn't much better so I bought HPTuners. Now it shifts like a dream!!!!

Tuner
    Iam kinda new to the tuning stuff. I dont know too much yet.
    Is there anything simple that i should do to my stock tune to make the truck feel more powerfull and faster or if you could please look at my stock tune and tweak it up a little i would appriciate it Thanks.

Tuner in Training
    Hey guys hows it going on this new 98-00 vortec tuning?

I have a 2000 Olds Bravada with the 4.3L, and im building a 98 L31 to swap into it later this year, and woudl love to do some tuning on the V6, i have a volant CAI, marine 73mm TB and TB spacer, accel 300+ ignition and coil, elctric fan, 160 tstat, edelbrock headers, dynomax ultra flow muffler, i also have an 05 non egr intake that i plan to swap over and woudl love to get rid of the egr in the pcm, and also control the efan with the pcm as well and adjust the tire size.

Im going to send an email with my vin and hopfully be able to get this for my ride.
    Mike
    1992 GMC Sonoma GT #0003

2002 Blazer ZR2
    401ci gen5 LTx
    AWD/T56

1998 Olds Bravada
    Turbo 4.3 AWD
    "Winter Beater"

2008 Avalanche
    Daily Driver

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HyeSpeeder
    Iam kinda new to the tuning stuff. I dont know too much yet.
    Is there anything simple that i should do to my stock tune to make the truck feel more powerfull and faster or if you could please look at my stock tune and tweak it up a little i would appriciate it Thanks.
    I'll take a look at it tomorrow and see if there are a few things I can change for you. Increasing the PE rate helps out a lot. This lets the truck get the fuel it wants, faster. So when you step o the gas, there is no lag. And simply adjusting your transmission shifting can make your truck feel quicker and stronger too. I'll get back to ya......

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRodV6
    Hey guys hows it going on this new 98-00 vortec tuning?

I have a 2000 Olds Bravada with the 4.3L, and im building a 98 L31 to swap into it later this year, and woudl love to do some tuning on the V6, i have a volant CAI, marine 73mm TB and TB spacer, accel 300+ ignition and coil, elctric fan, 160 tstat, edelbrock headers, dynomax ultra flow muffler, i also have an 05 non egr intake that i plan to swap over and woudl love to get rid of the egr in the pcm, and also control the efan with the pcm as well and adjust the tire size.

Im going to send an email with my vin and hopfully be able to get this for my ride.
    So far so good. There are a few things that need to be looked at, but over ll I am very happy!!