Thread: Can't log MPH, MAP kpa, others (yes, I searched first)

Tuner

Can't log MPH, MAP kpa, others (yes, I searched first)

I used to be able to log things like MPH, gear, IAT, MAP in kpa (I can only see MAP in volts now), and others - these are not available anymore and show up as unsupported, if at all. I believe this may have occurred after my fiasco as detailed below...

Basically, I made the mistake doing an unnecessary write entire with my old (original) PCM and bricked it. It was a bad idea and I don't even remember why I did it, save the flaming

Anyhow, I ordered another junkyard 2002 PCM to replace it (I have a 2002 Grand Prix model year license). This replacement PCM was from a non-SC car, and wasn't working correctly in my SC car...so I decided to take another chance on a write entire with the code from my old PCM. While that write entire made the car run properly, many of these parameters mentioned above are not available...making my tuning experience difficult.

I connected to another vehicle and was able to log these items correctly, so I believe the problem is with my replacement PCM or it's code. I do have another 2000 Grand Prix GTP computer, but no license - and I don't really want to spend another $100...but, I might if I _know_ it will resolve the issues.

Thoughts?
    2007 Trailblazer SS - LS2 | S256sx + S256sx | E85 | Built 4L80-E
    1991 Olds Cutlass Supreme International Sedan - L67 | GT35R | E85 | Built 4T65-E HD | NO2

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Try deleting the .os file for your operating system in the vehicles folder so the software will repoll for the available pids the next time you connect to the vehicle.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    That did it!

I was syncing the broken .os file over along with my tune files from the network...so after a reinstall of HPT, the problem continued. But its all good now.

Thanks
    2007 Trailblazer SS - LS2 | S256sx + S256sx | E85 | Built 4L80-E
    1991 Olds Cutlass Supreme International Sedan - L67 | GT35R | E85 | Built 4T65-E HD | NO2