Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Security Access Denied

Security Access Denied

I have noticed that since using version 2.1.18 , every time I try to write to PCM I get the following : Security Access Denied - Invalid Authorisation Code . 80% of the time it will write after the 11 sec wait , but on some occasions I have to close the Editor , re-open then write for it to work !

anybody else edit your file? with his tuner?

I get it on most PCM's that I try to write to . Even on unedited pcm's !

do you have old version? if yes try with old version
    Last edited by vette_doc; 06-24-2007 at 05:19 AM.

is your PCM tunerlocked? if so it will always fail the first time.
    I count sheep in hex...

Thanks Chris, Yes I do have my PCM's locked .
    Why has it only started recently as I have always locked any PCM's that I work on ? ( just curious )
    So easy fix would be to unlock - adjust tune - relock .

Cheers

if your hptuner is "autolocked" and you are editing your own file then it should read and write w/o any error.... this is what i know !!!

That is how it used to be , but for some reason now it wants to deny on all writes ??

Quote Originally Posted by vuss383
    That is how it used to be , but for some reason now it wants to deny on all writes ??
    make sure you wait the 10-15 secs after turning the key on before starting to write. It will fail the first time, then retry and succeed.
    I count sheep in hex...

Still having the same issues when trying to write to PCM ! Had 2 cars running at the drags the other night & trying to fine tune between runs , becomes a real drama when you have limited time to make adjustments & forever trying to write to the PCM !

I have unlocked the the PCM & still have the same issue as if they are auto-locked .

Any suggestions would be much appreciated !!

Hoping the next release is close & this will solve my current issues

Senior Tuner
    As Chris mentioned, you need to wait 10 seconds, after turning the key on, before you can write to the ECM. The ECM is not ready to communicate with scanners until the 10 seconds are up. Next time it does this, allow it to do the countdown and it will work. I get this sometimes when I am in a rush, same situation as you when I am at the track, but I wait a couple of seconds and all is fine.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Guys when a file is tunerlocked it will always fail on the first try since it uses our standard procedure...once it fails it will go to our tunerlock unlocking procedure which will unlock the locked file & write in the file your trying to write. Perfectly normal.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

OK I'll clear this up !!!

I have been using VCM for close on 2 yrs , so I would imagine that I can do a simple write function without too much problem .

1. I wait up to 20 seconds before trying to do the write - still happens !

2. I have unlocked the PCM's ( removed tuner lock ) , 20-30 seconds - Still happens !!

Some times it will fail 3-4 times & i have to shutdown the Editor , reopen , select tune , write - sometimes it will write, others it will still deny & sometimes it tells me I have exceeded # of attempts.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    Guys when a file is tunerlocked it will always fail on the first try since it uses our standard procedure...once it fails it will go to our tunerlock unlocking procedure which will unlock the locked file & write in the file your trying to write. Perfectly normal.
    Excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by "tunerlocked"? Does this mean the tune has been intentionally locked by a tuner?

thanks
    LS3 1984 VK Commodore + LS3 1967 Camaro (cam and ported heads)

Question: Serial version or MPVI? Either one, check/replace the serial cable/USB cable. I've gone through 2 USB cables so far.

Are you using a USB adapter (if serial)? I have had issues with Serial to USB adapters but I'm now on MPVI.
    Always Support Our Troops!

MPVI . Hence the ability to log each run with ease whilst running the 1/4 . No serial adapter used , just USB from dongle into laptop as provided from HPT .

Also instead of starting a new post , could you please tell me how to collect & post a thumbnail of say a VE table & screenshot as we see posted sometimes on here ?

Cheers
    Troy
    Last edited by vuss383; 07-28-2007 at 06:24 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    BTW normally I would suggest a new USB cable or trying a new pc just to narrow down the problem as there are really 5 things it could be
    obd2 cable
    MPVI interface
    usb cable
    usb port on laptop/or just the laptop

obd2 cable is usually the most expensive thing so thats the last thing I would try, our interfaces rarely fail so thats one thing I'd save for last on the list of things to send in especially since you could be down for up to 2 weeks just waiting on it, usb cables can be had for cheap so is usually the first thing I'd recommend swapping, and if you know someone with another laptop you can use for a few minutes you can try that since usb ports can degrade over time sometimes you'll see connection issues...I know I see them once in a while ie once a month or so where a read might go into low speed mode for no obvious reason.

As for screenshots press the prt sc(print screen) key on your keyboard. Then open your favorite picture editing program such as ms paint and click Edit-Paste and then save the screenshot you've pasted into the editing program.

To post it just click the post reply button and scroll down to manage attachments to upload the picture.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Hi Troy,
    Im in bundy if you want to come up you can try my cable and laptop if that helps.I have had a few problems before with hpt not with the software itsef but mainly with conflict with other programs i had loaded on my computer which seemed unrelated but did cause a problem. It worked fine then out of the blue had problem.
    cheers
    Andrew
    Last edited by STATESMAN; 07-28-2007 at 07:51 PM.

i agree with bill. I had this problem before tried every thing with no results, After all this i format my laptop and installed new beta and now it works fine.

Cheers Bill , I have experimented with the screenshots & have that worked out !

As for the writing of the PCM I will keep trying to see if I can track down the issue !