Thread: a/f ratio error histrogram.

Tuner

a/f ratio error histrogram.

I finally got my wide band hooked up to my laptop and it works good and is very accurate. The only problem I have is that my a/f error histogram isn't working. It says not supported when I try it. I have the a/f error pid selected on the main table. Is there a setup for this or something stupid I'm doing wrong?

Edit: I think I figured out the problem. I don't have commanded air to fuel ratio on the main table. But I don't see it in the PID options. Am I overlooking it? BTW I have the enhanced USB IO.
    Last edited by zo6racerx; 06-26-2007 at 06:13 AM.

Tuner
    Does the premade AFR Error PID work? Or do you need to make a custom PID and historgram to get this to work?

Its under Fuel System "Commanded Air Fuel Ratio (low res or high res)
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Had same problem. Everything was listed correctly but wasn't recognizing it and gave me 'unsupported'. Try reinitializing everything:

1. Delete and reinsert your wideband on the table (EIO on the bottom). Make sure it's the correct one.

2. plot PID: AFR error %. Since you're using wb, I converted tables 5 & 6 to plot AFR so I can compare to my AFR gauge (why is the PLX gauge showing rich but histo showing lean? stay tuned next week for the exciting plx thread conclusion....)

3. Like 5_liter said, make sure you add Commanded AFR to the table.

Commanded AFR

2003 ZO6 C-5 LG/stingers/no cats/blackwing/160*/dual wideband
    5 Liter,
    I'm new at this any info would be appreciated.
    Under fuel system in VCM editor I have no commanded AFR options.
    Or is this option in the VCM scanner?
    Is there an option to command an AFR high res / low res? I found it in the vcm scanner but not the editor.
    I log my dual sensor F.A.S.T wide band high res in the scanner but have no options in editor to command afr.
    I've read both to tune primary ve table and just maf vs freq, Ive been chasing my tail trying to do the maf only thinking I need to do ve first.
    The best commanded AFR I got is when I set ect vs iat to 284* in closed loop eq ratio to 1.13 and got a steady 13:1 afr reading using a wide band o2 sensor.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Or is this option in the VCM scanner?
    They are referring to the scanner.

Is there an option to command an AFR high res / low res?
    Usually just one or the other, but unless you have enabled RTT or are using the bidirectional controls you won't be able to command afr in real time. The afr high res is just a data stream telling you what is currently being commanded.

I have no options in editor to command afr.
    Yes you do. In the editor Under Engine-Fuel there are MANY fueling tables that command your afr, all of which you have control over.

I've read both to tune primary ve table and just maf vs freq, Ive been chasing my tail trying to do the maf only thinking I need to do ve first.
    The best commanded AFR I got is when I set ect vs iat to 284* in closed loop eq ratio to 1.13 and got a steady 13:1 afr reading using a wide band o2 sensor.
    problem you'll see with that is that its not realistic once you return to closed loop maf & your trying to command stoich under normal conditions you might see a large difference.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"