Thread: turbo log and tune need some thoughts

turbo log and tune need some thoughts

Ok here is my latest tune and log i lowered the timing in the 4400 to 5600 rpm ranges to avoid any kr still getting a bit with only 12 psi and i use to run my procharger to 14.5 to 16 psi without a prob. Please anything I can do to get this dialed in my wideband is still not back from innovative, but I dont think Im running lean. Take a look and any suggestions would be really appreciated even on my trans tuning dont know if its right either.

looks to me according to your ltft's that your lean up top.

4 views of the tune and log and noone but one guy says anything??? I did add a bit of fuel to it to see but couldnt get on it to many cops around on the 4th will test it out tomarrow

Senior Tuner
    your airmass goes to 1.6x territory but your timing tables only go up to 1.2. thus, i don think the car 'sees' a difference between 12 or 16psi, as at either setting you're beyond 1.2, so it will always give you whatever the max for the given rpm will be. I'd lower the timing in the 1.2g/cyl rows for rpm at which it starts to knock. remember that in case of timing you want the lowest that produces good power, not the highest you can get away with without killing the motor. lots of timing is not a good thing, especially if you got boost instead. you dont want to lose an engine for the sake of 7 extra hp.
    Last edited by redhardsupra; 07-05-2007 at 10:47 AM.

Thank you Redhardsupra always appreciate hearing your comments I will do so and see how it does thanks again heres a version Im gunna try this look any better??
    Last edited by bandit; 07-05-2007 at 11:00 AM.

PSI is completely irrelivant. Its all about CFM from the headunit. 12 psi may not be the same CFM from a turbo at 12 psi. Just because something worked for the Procharger, doesnt mean its going to work for the turbo. A turbo also has backpressure to deal with.

^^^ And turbos move more air around peak torque than superchargers.
    Always Support Our Troops!