Thread: Scan Setup

Potential Tuner

Scan Setup

Sorry bit of a newbie question. Just installed a set of MSD coils and immediately started getting getting random misfire code P0300. If I want to scan for a weak coil or coil misfire. What PIDs should I use.
    Last edited by japostoli; 07-08-2007 at 12:36 AM.

There was another post around here about the MSD coils and settings. Apparently you HAVE to change those values with the MSDs.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Potential Tuner
    The tune is stock and the motor is stock, except for a cat back and induction. The fact that it happened immediately after I put the coils on the car, pretty much limitis it to a new coil failure.

I did a search on MSD and did not find anything specific on MSD coils. I assume I should load up all the PIDs relatet to misfire - Misfire current 1 to 8 / misfire history 1 to 8 and afew others - misfire totals / Misfire index / etc.

Just woundering if anyone has anthing specific I should look at.

Thanks.

Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

^^^ Just knew it was around here somewhere... Tnx Mike
    Always Support Our Troops!

Potential Tuner
    Thanks