Thread: Afr for best power with wideband not on dyno?

Afr for best power with wideband not on dyno?

Ok don't have dyno anywhere near me. So if I want to tune my car with wideband on the street should I shoot for 12.8 or 12.5 since street is more load than say the dynojet that didn't do load. I heard if you tune it to optimum in non load dyno it will be too lean on street.

Since don't have dyno pretty much what I can do is lean it down and watch for knock. I got some knock retard showing up by setting my pe to 1.14 which is 12.8 theoretically at least. So backed it down a bit with like 1.20 up to torque peak and then 1.18 after that and no knock and car feels pretty good.

I will be hooking up my wideband shortly. I think someone said for quick tuning maybe Russ K that you can put it in place of narrowband front o2 and the car will just go open loop and you can set your fuel that way then take out wideband.
    I was not planning on putting it in permanent right now unless can put it after the cats and have it only be .1 out like I heard they are.
    99 TAWS6 ERL 427 superdeck,AFR 225, LS9 cam, 1.7 yella terras, fluiddampr, fast 90/90,APS Twin turbos LG upgraded turbos,cutout.80 pound injectors, RPM 4l80e ,yank py3400, dana 60, lonnies dual pump fuel system,zex direct port,ron davis rad,ais alc injection
    interceptor guages, eboost 2.

Other toys 91 race talon turbo awd, 97 talon awd turbo, 2008 Z06

Use the dyno to find where the car makes best power and torque...
    then go to the street and dial it in on your wideband with real world airflow and variables

but what I have found is 12.5 at peak torque 12.8 at peak horsepower for NA
    for turbo or SC it all depends on how much boost you are making.
    -Scott -