Thread: "Fart under water" 07 Tahoe 5.3 automatic-tune questions"Fart under water"

07 Tahoe 5.3 automatic-tune questions"

Hello all... I recently purchased a HPtuners Pro device and I have been glued to this forum each day since for at least 4 hours a day!!!
    I purchased this device for one reason: to turn off the displacement on demand on my good friends 07 Tahoe 5.3 Flex Fuel 4wd Automatic.... he didn't like the DoD...... I successfully did that. Since then I have been infatuated with the abilities of HpTuners. Therefore I want to "tune" this same truck for a bit more performance because it is absolutey an unpleasant experience in its stock configuration, i.e. sluggish shifts, slow acceleration, just a plain load of $47000 worth of truck. So the reason for this post is for some constructive critisism of my tunes posted below. "r&d07tahoe "is the stock tune. "o7tahoerd1.0" is a tune I manipulated that has not yet been written to his truck's vcm. The only physical mods to the truck will be a magnaflow single in dual out muffler with dual tails, and an air raid less restrictive piping and filter . The tune changes I made included some trans pressure changes, a couple degrees of timing, turned off traction control and DTC for traction, changed when power enrichment can enable, speed limiter increased, and things like that. To see all my changes please use the compare function. I may have gone to far with the trans pressures. By the way, in tow/haul mode dose the trans shift at all? I didn't try it yet. Please feel free to make suggestions or even manipulate the stock tune as needed. I do not have a scans as of yet and can't get one for another week or so. I also do not have a widband O2 on this vehicle.
    Thank you in advance and keep up the good work Hptuners, senior tuners, and forum members!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Hauss; 07-14-2007 at 09:19 PM. Reason: no responses

Guess I couldn't even pay for some help in this forum. Anyone? Anyone? Buehler.....Buehler......Buehler.... anyone?
    (not being sarcastic, I just have a dry sense of humor. Remember Ferris Buehler's Day off? )
    Last edited by Hauss; 07-14-2007 at 09:21 PM.

Potential Tuner
    I'm looking for similar information. I have a 07 Tahoe 5.3 that is a DOG!!!!!!!! I can't stand the lack of performance.

One of my daily drivers is a 03 Denali with the 6.0. Talk about power!

I am still new to the tuning world. Can you post your tune with the DOD shut off?

Thx,

Brandon

It is located under engine, fuel control, cot/lean cruise, then the first button on the righthand column.

Advanced Tuner
    i actually find my sierra to be quite peppy (5.3 DoD 3.73 gears), and i just got rid of my 400hp dodge neon! i am actually wondering if i can tune the 4cyl mode a bit and change the crossover specifications so that i can keep it in 4cyl mode longer

Advanced Tuner
    The changes all look fairly mild to me. You just need to load it up and see what you friend likes on the transmission shifts. Do some logging to make sure there isn't any or much KR. I don't think your PE adjustments will help you much in any performance gains, but it will make fuel mileage a little crappier.