Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 Solstice GXP 2.19beta

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.

2007 Solstice GXP 2.19beta

This is obviosly pointed twards the admins, Im beta'ing the GXP right now and on the gxp/skyforums there seems to be great concern over torque based boost derating. From what Ive seen on what's been decoded there doesnt seem to be any on the manual trans car. has anything been uncovered in that arena? Doing any power mods seems like until thats resolved.
    Also, the MAF- curve is that true? 0-5v asymtotic /900-0 g-s with the curve point @.9v? WTF? looks like a raw thermister curve-no ballast. Please tell me I can rewire the connector for a giant aftermarket ford MAF and rewrite the tables for it's (linear) curve.
    I cant wait for boost control along with being able to fix the maf code issues!

Advanced Tuner
    well I did some reflashing and some scannign today on our sunday ride.
    1) changing the rev limiter on both tables did nothing, still cut out @6300rpm.
    2) Scanner hasnt identified injector duty cycle, and a few others
    3) I also reduced the PE fueling, but I couldnt verify the results in A/F.

I will try back to back flashes on my chassis Dyno later this week.
    The boost control seems to have reduced the Max boost from 19 to about 15now that I have leaned it out. It's not reporting Knock retard/eatin more lbs/min so I guess that's the infamous torque control at work.

Tuner in Training
    Did you also change the table in the "Oil Temp Limit" ? From what I see the fuel cut off is in three places. "Normal, Short inc. and Oil Temp."

I havent had the time to play with the car, but it will not be long.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldturbofreak.com
    well I did some reflashing and some scannign today on our sunday ride.
    1) changing the rev limiter on both tables did nothing, still cut out @6300rpm.
    2) Scanner hasnt identified injector duty cycle, and a few others
    3) I also reduced the PE fueling, but I couldnt verify the results in A/F.

I will try back to back flashes on my chassis Dyno later this week.
    The boost control seems to have reduced the Max boost from 19 to about 15now that I have leaned it out. It's not reporting Knock retard/eatin more lbs/min so I guess that's the infamous torque control at work.
    injector duty cycle is a calculation of pulse width & rpm so you need to log those items for it to work.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    I have 2 logs I could share. One 20 min of driving, one with 30 min.
    The middle bars of INJ1 and INJ2 ,O2 1&2 have no input
    Although as I understand it it has a single WB anywho.
    I didnt notice the RPM limit for EGT I'll change iit and flash it in the morning.

Advanced Tuner
    Bill,
    have you noticed anything in the programming that would cause a disruption If I used a different MAF? 0-5v maf's are far more common than the old frequncy base, if I program a completely foreign curve have you seen anything that would make it freak out?

Also the torque management, Is it just me or is is based off Lbs/min? perhaps if i tweak the table lower 5% starting in the range of 20lbs/min up. Wouldnt the WB take care of fuel trims, and the PCM allow 5% more torque before derating?

Advanced Tuner
    It also looks like there is multiple map/IAT sensors in the system, It'd be supersweet if we could access those as well. Between MAF IAT and the one in the return pipe of the intercooler it will give one a good idea of intercooler efficiency.

Tuner in Training
    I believe the return from the IC is labeled Intake Air Temp 2. I can scan it and get good data and it is representative of post turbo and IC.

Where do I find the WB O2 information? What I thought would be it doesnt read in the scanner.

I also would like to be able to chart the two together.
    Last edited by b_faster; 07-17-2007 at 02:41 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I thought it would be the lamda reading as well. I'll keep searching/experimenting. I too would like pre cat lambda data. I have the shop WB but from what Ive read this thing has some scrubber on it.
    In either case I know it burns real lean.
    Im going to get some gaskets for the turbo this weekend So i can CAD/CAM and CNC the flanges to adapt a more suitible Gt30RWG.
    I can't wait till we get full control of this thing- I know I can make 400whp on the stock internals.

HP guys does it appear as though the bosch controller could be used on say I dunno- my SBC? with proper hardware of course.

Tuner in Training
    HP guys does it appear as though the bosch controller could be used on say I dunno- my SBC? with proper hardware of course.
    Your SBC is not DI, so no.

If you're looking for closed loop wideband fuel control go with Big Stuff 3, or something similar.

Advanced Tuner
    No im specifically looking for DI. I should have been more specific.
    I already have W/B feedback on the vette.
    I have a 4axis haas mill and could definily fit them into the chamber of my afr's if i could get my hands on the rest of the goods.
    Injectors, 2200psi pump- off the shelf gm parts now. Im no programmer, not yet anyway, but if the board has 8 drivers or at least room to populate all 8 of them it's worth looking into. If it's a simple as changing the cyl selection or maybe a semi custom OP sys. Then more engines, esp.the most popular one on the planet, can benfit from DI.

Tuner in Training
    I have a 4axis haas mill and could definily fit them into the chamber of my afr's if i could get my hands on the rest of the goods.
    Injectors, 2200psi pump- off the shelf gm parts now. Im no programmer, not yet anyway, but if the board has 8 drivers or at least room to populate all 8 of them it's worth looking into. If it's a simple as changing the cyl selection or maybe a semi custom OP sys. Then more engines, esp.the most popular one on the planet, can benfit from DI.
    Well, not to get too off topic, but you would need additional injector drivers, the fuel pump is cam driven (not sure how you're going to mount that on a SBC and you may need more than one), DI pistons are completely different shapes and flow in the combustion chamber is very important.

I don't think that's a project you want to tackle.

Tuner in Training
    From looking over the scan there are only 6 injectors available in the table. If there is 8 they arent in the current config.

On another note, has anyone figured out if we can read the WB as a sensor? What is it labeled?

Advanced Tuner
    thats the answer I was looking for. Hmm perhaps once the Bosch controller has been thouroghly been sorted one of it's brothers from Audi could be used. It's definitly Something I will be pursuing over the next year or so.
    As I said hardware is no biggie, Id prolly run the high pressure pump off the back of my drysump. Pistons with a "bank shot" spoon are no big deal.
    Back on topic though,
    nothing so far on the PID for the WB, I have been lookign around on the soltice/sky forums and they are having trouble with the "dashhawk" locating the WB feed as well.

Tuner in Training
    I agree, I did get readings from B1S2 (this should be post cat) while trying something last night, however B1S1 reads nothing. I would assume the WB is precat and is taking the place of B1S1 in the code, but is "mapped" somewhere else in the software, or I may just be missing it.

On another note, I played with rpm levels and I didnt see any changes in rev limit in nuetral with no clutch or in gear with clutch. I did not get a chance to run the car through a gear or two to see if my rpm adjustments made it and/or what effect I had with my other tweak made. I made a cautious tweak in an area that appears to have some potential. Next test run should let me know.

The good news, I wrote the ECM with no issues.

One thing I have noticed is engine load feedback is scaled to 200% yet all tq limits are based on 100% is this just a scaling issue? As an end user I cannot see the raw counts, so this is a question for Bill or Chris.

Advanced Tuner
    I reflashed it for the oil temp as well and it had null effect on redline. There is prolly another table that has yet to be unlocked.
    Hmm good catch on the load cells. But Im pretty sure it says the scale is from 0-100%. I haven't tried screwing with it yet.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If your having a rev limiter issue may I suggest posting the file you used as well as a scanner log showing the fuel or spark cut.

Advanced Tuner
    Will do bill, it's a bit large. I'll FTP it to my site right now..

Advanced Tuner
    http://www.baldturbofreak.com/temp/
    Right click save as when you get there. The files are a bit big. THe log is a half hour of cruising the countryside.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Try maxing the EGT tq limit table. If that doesn't work forward the files & your serial number to support at hptuners dot com with a link to this thread. It appears to be an ETC limiter but its hard to tell since your not logging any fueling PID's(which you really need to be logging so we can determine what type of limiter your hitting)