Thread: Ford Mustang Shifting Torque Reduction???

Tuner in Training

Ford Mustang Shifting Torque Reduction???

Could you please tell me if the torque reduction decreases (more torque at shifting) as the value gets closer to "0"?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chipcentric
    Could you please tell me if the torque reduction decreases (more torque at shifting) as the value gets closer to "0"?

Thanks
    Those numbers are a multiplier. The closer to 0 the less torque. You take current torque and multiply it by the number to get your torque reduction on shifts, so if the number(s) in the table are less than 1 then you get a reduction of torque.

I don't know if I would only mess with this table without first taking car of shift times and shift pressures, don't want to add more torque on shifts without making sure that the trans is setup to take it.
    -Michael Rudolph-
    2003 Redfire Cobra
    Eaton Powered to a:
    11.301 @ 129 1.68 60' MT DRs
    11.85 @ 124 1.90 60' street tires

so the faster we shift, the more TM we would likely be able to remove? Would this be a rule of thumb?

Using the Desired Upshift Time in Shift Properties, it states Upshift pressures are adpated to try and achieve this shift time. So leaving the shift pressures alone would probably be best bet to begin with?
    Last edited by Mep_q8; 11-17-2007 at 08:31 PM.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailblazin'
    so the faster we shift, the more TM we would likely be able to remove? Would this be a rule of thumb?
    I don't think thats what he is getting at. I think he was more saying to leave the TM alone until you have the pressures dialed in and your sure the mechanicals of the trans will take what your asking of it. If your asking too much of the trans so far as shift pressure and timing, TM will cushion the abuse somewhat until you either break the trans, or realize your asking too much of it.
    2007 Mustang GT
    266rwhp 276rwftlb's. 13.6@104 stock.
    Adding a bunch of goodies and shooting for mid 12's.

Tuner in Training
    A value of 1 allows full torque production. A .75 would indicate a 25% torque reduction.

Desired shift time should be in the 250-300 millisecond range, and is the simplest way to quicken your shifts. Do not go under .200.

The ramp rate of inertia (don't know if hpt has it in there) is one of the other items I use to make the shifts firmer, in addition to the total des shift time.

jim