Thread: V6 Alloytech

Potential Tuner

V6 Alloytech

Does anyone know how far awy the VCM Suite for V6 Alloytech is....

Ive been told the program isnt ready or up to scratch yet.....

Advanced Tuner
    um its been ready for months now, i have been doing them since the beta testing stage and they all show great increases in power and economy

yeah we don't have any major outstanding issues. the largest at the moment is we don't support the 5sp auto, but it is in the works.
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner
    Really ok.. Because I looked at getting it done at one of you fully trained providers in NSW and they said QUOTE "At the moment we are not offering tunes for the Alloytech motors as we feel the Software is not up to scratch as yet.
    We have contacted VCM-Suite about this, and they tell us that the parameters that we feel need to be added to the software will be done shortly.
    Sorry we cannot help you out as yet, but we want to make sure that when we do a tune it is 100% and we cannot offer that with the current stage of the software"
    This was today..

Potential Tuner
    I am referring to the VCM Suite tune...

Beats me

No one has contacted me asking for some kind of critical, "cannot tune cars without it", parameters that need adding.

Many tuners have been getting good results for months now.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for that. Thats what I thought..

I suspect they just hadn't downloaded update..

Appreciate your help

Advanced Tuner
    all the stuff required to do a full tune (ie fuel, ignition, cam timing etc) is in the software and has been since the first beta (apart from 5 speed auto which as Chris said is on the way)

usual gains are 25-30rwhp and around 1.5L/100km fuel economy saving,

ive done a bucket load of them now, a SV6 makes around 185rwhp standard and with full exhaust, CAI and tune they are making up to 225rwhp, the 175kw motors are up around 200rwhp with all the fruit on them which is amazing as a old 5L used to make around 180rwhp with a full exhaust system

i have sent you a PM regarding this

Dale

Tuner
    So I have looked at a Holden 3.6 V6 tune and it looks identical to my caddy.

Are the holden V6's calibrated to run on 87 octane in the great down under? I figured you could pick up a few ponies bumping the timing and using 93.

Also what are the reversion correction modes in the MAF/Airflow section?
    2005 LS6 CTS-V
    2010 LP9 SRX AWD 2.8T
    SOLD: 2006 Cadillac SRX AWD V6 A5
    SOLD: 2005 Cobalt SS/SC Arrival Blue

Potential Tuner
    Cool so I figure I start with 175kw I then do full exhaust (pacemakers, Redback cat back, and cold air intake) that adds around 20kw then custom tune about 20kw all up that is 215kw(flywheel) so I then multiply it by 25% which gives me powertrain loss then - it off total giving me KW at rear wheels = 162kw.. I now convert it to rear wheel horsepower 162 times 1.736 giving me 281rwhp. Thats alot more than you mentioned... Thanks for PM by the way I will be in touch when I save up a few pennys

Advanced Tuner
    the exhaust will give you bugger all, 5-10rwhp, they dont respond to a exhaust like the V8's do,

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyo
    I now convert it to rear wheel horsepower 162 times 1.736 giving me 281rwhp. Thats alot more than you mentioned...
    Your calculation is a bit out 162kw X 0.7547 = 217.2hp hp=kw X1.341 kw=hp X .7457