Thread: Misfires !

Misfires !

A friend of mine has a C5 TT 427 that is in the shop for a new tune. The new tune guy noticed that the engine is throwing a p0300 code but the misfires are is only on cylinder #5. The shop checked the normal stuff plugs, coils, injectors and compression and they can't make the p0300 code go away. The original tuner sez that the cam he installed is the cause of the problem and that the p0300 code should be turned off like it was in his original tune. I guess my question is could a big cam cause false misfires on only one cylinder ? Or would it tend to be more random across all the cylinders ?

Thanks >>>>> INTHERED
    LINGENFELTER MAGNACHARGED 2000 A4 Torch Red Z51 Vert, Smoothline HT, LPE IC Magnacharger, Z06 cam, LPE CNC heads, CC RPM kit, LPE hood, Yank 2800, Rossler trans, Z06 rear w/300Ms, Chrome C6 Z06 rims w/PS2s, Z06 calipers w/PF carbon metallics , Eradispeeds, WCC screens, BBK 80mm TB, TB bypass, 160 TS, GM Z06 MAF, Blackwing, Corsa Pace, AR headers X-pipe & Hiflow Cats, GM HP wires, NGK TR6s, Hptuned by INTHERED with a best 1/4 mile of 10.87 @ 128.90 mph on BFG DRs

Senior Tuner
    It would be all the way across, not one cylinder specifically. How many misfires are seen? Did the new tuner do a cylinder balance check? What did the plugs look like? What does the scan reveal?

Quote Originally Posted by 12secSS
    It would be all the way across, not one cylinder specifically. How many misfires are seen? Did the new tuner do a cylinder balance check? What did the plugs look like? What does the scan reveal?
    I really do not have any of the shop data. Iam just trying to do some research for my buddy to see what makes sense on how to proceed. Maybe the PCM or its wiring is the next option ? We really need to compare a couple of cylinders on a scope.

INTHERED
    LINGENFELTER MAGNACHARGED 2000 A4 Torch Red Z51 Vert, Smoothline HT, LPE IC Magnacharger, Z06 cam, LPE CNC heads, CC RPM kit, LPE hood, Yank 2800, Rossler trans, Z06 rear w/300Ms, Chrome C6 Z06 rims w/PS2s, Z06 calipers w/PF carbon metallics , Eradispeeds, WCC screens, BBK 80mm TB, TB bypass, 160 TS, GM Z06 MAF, Blackwing, Corsa Pace, AR headers X-pipe & Hiflow Cats, GM HP wires, NGK TR6s, Hptuned by INTHERED with a best 1/4 mile of 10.87 @ 128.90 mph on BFG DRs