Thread: '02 2.4 sunfire tune on a '00

Potential Tuner

'02 2.4 sunfire tune on a '00

Found a tune for a 2.4 manual but its a 2002, just wanted to make sure i was gonna destroy my engine loading it. Thought there might be some engine changes i was not aware of.

Potential Tuner
    well i tried the file, cost me 2 credits to license my use, i fine tuned some fan issues, and then went to burn it and it tells me the OS is not compatable with the vsm version and to use another file. Is there a way to make it work or did i just lose 2 credits for nothing ?

Advanced Tuner
    If I read it right, you lost credits.

You must scan your cars PCM file to your desktop with the editor and then compare your car file with the file from the repository then burn your file with the settings of the other on it to your car. You cannot just Uploaded another cars tune file into your car.
    06 Cobalt SS SC
    2.7 pulley
    42.5lb Injectors
    HPT VCM Suite tuned
    Custom SRI
    Tuned
    13.701 @ 103 Mph
    Best 1/4 mile Stock
    14.295 @ 102 Mph

02 TURBO Cavy 2200
    Finished
    Times coming soon

Tuner in Training
    You must perform a write entire. This will allow you to use the OS you are trying to download. I have successfully done using a 2000 file in a 99 pcm, however I burned 12 credits and licensed 99/00 non VIN restricted.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tune1
    You must perform a write entire. This will allow you to use the OS you are trying to download. I have successfully done using a 2000 file in a 99 pcm, however I burned 12 credits and licensed 99/00 non VIN restricted.

I cannot download another vehicles tune and use it ? is that not the purpose and licensing file ? also the file was from a cavalier, and i drive a sunfire, the engine are the same and the vcm should be as well, but im worried the editor is seeing a file from different vehicles and not allowing it, and it has nothing to do with the engine, correct or no ? well how do i perform a write entire if it will not allow me to open the file in the editor ? if i cant load it how do i go into the burn menu to perform the write entire ? i used my previous tune file and that one and did a compare, and adjusted everything it showed as different, however i do not have a wideband system so i could not view my fuel info and tell if there were changes there. It did however show differences in the spark, and im wondering if there was fuel adjustments that should coincide with the spark adjustments and no im worried i may be running too lean.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You can as long as the file is compatible with the pcm, its not recommended, and if you do want to do it you'll need to be licensed to both the file IN the pcm & the file your trying to write TO the pcm as clearly stated in the help file. Under NORMAL circumbstances you would follow the instructions in the help file which state to read your pcm, modify that file, then write that modified file back to your pcm in which case you'd be licensed to both the file in your pcm as well as the file your trying to write to your pcm

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"