Thread: MIL & Service Light comes right after engine start (2005 V8 Mustang)

Tuner in Training

MIL & Service Light comes right after engine start (2005 V8 Mustang)

This is my first tune of a Mustang V8 with HPTUNERS. I do not do anything unusual but MIL and Service Light comes on immediately after starting on the engine with calibrated file. And, the car drives at "safe mode"

Are you aware of any bug or any sensitive parameter which I should not touch?

Regards,

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I think p0605 needs to be disabled if im not mistaken its a ford flash issue with no fix. I'll double check the code but im pretty sure thats the one.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Is the car completely stock or have you done anything to it? Do you know what code it's setting?
    -Michael Rudolph-
    2003 Redfire Cobra
    Eaton Powered to a:
    11.301 @ 129 1.68 60' MT DRs
    11.85 @ 124 1.90 60' street tires

Ya, telling us the code its setting would help.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    Many thanks for your participation. I have found out that check engine light was coming due to 3 changes:

1- I change PEDAL FOLLOWER ENABLE and change the THROTTLE ANGLE VS PEDAL.

2- PLUS 2 degree on MBT SPARK

3- TORQUE MAX VS RPM (I have increased only 10%)

When I go back to standard settings with the above tables, NO MIL light and I got already 20hp on GT500 with some conservative fuel related changes.

Could you please tell me the correct way how can I increase the Throttle Sensitivity propery, increase the engine torque and give more timing with out getting the MIL light?????

Regards, Murat

you need to set anything related to throttle error checking tests to disable.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

standard file of 2005 V8 Mustang

Please see the attached file

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Thanks for your insite James!

We're looking into the max tq schedule table as well as some other things you've mentioned.

It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Hey James, in regards to the electric throttle, I've heard that if you setup something incorrectly you can end up with a stuck WOT condition. Is this true or an internet myth? If it is, what exactly is it that gets set incorrectly that could cause this? The reason I ask such is I'm worried someone might mess with the wrong thing and put themselves and others in danger.
    -Michael Rudolph-
    2003 Redfire Cobra
    Eaton Powered to a:
    11.301 @ 129 1.68 60' MT DRs
    11.85 @ 124 1.90 60' street tires

Senior Tuner
    Okay, the calibration ID of your vehicle is FBLE0G4 (aka YFV1 boxcode).

The drive by wire stuff is tricky, and can definitely be used incorrectly by a novice, as well as even a professional. Please be careful.

chipcentric, if you would not mind, PM me, and I'll attempt to help you, sir. I think that's cool you're from Dubai! One day, I'd love to come there and visit the UAE. Dubai has some amazing views!

Quote Originally Posted by Screamn03
    Hey James, in regards to the electric throttle, I've heard that if you setup something incorrectly you can end up with a stuck WOT condition. Is this true or an internet myth? If it is, what exactly is it that gets set incorrectly that could cause this? The reason I ask such is I'm worried someone might mess with the wrong thing and put themselves and others in danger.
    Oh yeah, that's absolutely true! As you're probably aware, the Ford ETC system is torque based. Ford has their reasons for doing this, but it pretty much makes it much more difficult for the novice tuner, and even some experienced ones, to setup right. Luckily, these cars have been out now for a while, so we've all come to find the right settings one needs for various modification levels.

The factory driver demand tables aren't too bad for an N/A car. One can tweak them to delivery more throttle sooner, but I recommend a lot of caution here, as you eluded to, otherwise you could have some WOT events when not expecting it. Also, too aggressive here can also make the throttle way too sensitive, at least for my particular likings. It's a "fake" way of making the customer think they are getting more power than they really are. I prefer for a throttle to feel like a real cable actuated system, much like GM has done with the feel of the C5 and C6 ETC systems.

Regards,

James