Thread: Definitions of "ENABLE VSS" and "DISABLE VSS" might be wrong????

Tuner in Training

Definitions of "ENABLE VSS" and "DISABLE VSS" might be wrong????

Definitions says "above this speed" with ENABLE VSS and "below this speed" with DISABLE VSS. I think they must be just oppsite....?

REgards

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    What table or parameter are you referring to?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Fan Settings:
    -Low Speed_Enable VSS,
    -Low Speed_Disable VSS,
    -High Speed High Load Enable VSS,

I think the "below" and "above" definitions must be just opposite in explanations.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    why do you think that? Are you having issues getting the fans to work properly?

Just from a quick glance they look fine, but if your having a problem I can report it as a bug, but I would need more information.

Tuner in Training
    Bill, I apologize if I am keeping you busy with something I have difficulties to understand. Please see below where I got confused.

For low speed Fan; Enable Vss value is 53,1 KM/hr which is OK and I understand the fan will work after this Speed. The problem starts at "Disable VSS" value which is 96,6 Km/hr. Because the definition says:Below this speed the fan disengage.

The engage speed of 53,1 km/hr is also below 96,6. I assume the definition of Disable VSS should be : above this speed, fan will disengage.....
    Then, I see that Enable Value is the lowest speed it kicks in and Disable Value is the highest speed it kicks out.

And, HIGH SPEED HIGH LOAD_ENABLE VSS says: the fan will engage below 64,4KM/hr. The low speed fan already engage after 53,1 KM/hr. And, even 0 km/hr is below 64,4 km/hr. Why would the HIGH SPEED FAN engages at this stopping position. Therefore, I assume this HIGH SPEED FAN would operate after 64,4KM/hr (higher speeds than LOW SPEED FAN) which I assume its definition should say "ABOVE" instead of "BELOW".

Regards

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Thank you, I'll have our developer revisit the on screen help to see if its incorrect.