Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How To's & General Tuning information

thank you!
    Current project:
    2016 Hellcat Charger over the 200 mph...
    Email: [email protected]

Hello, I'm new here so hopefully you guys will understand. I was looking into the possibility of tuning my 2012 3.7 Mustang, I think being able to tune a car is an amazing skill to have. I already know a lot of the basic concepts of tuning, and I downloaded the hptuners demo software and was looking through some of the sample calibration files, one of which was a 2006 mustang GT, it didn't look too complicated.While I understand that half the battle is datalogging and getting the car to respond to changes, it looked like for the most part, I just needed to adjust only a few tables, borderline spark and then the WOT fueling to make power(not counting VCT or any Traction stuff, tip in, etc, don't know how to use that yet) .

I know that tuning the copperhead is a whole different animal, before I go any further, I was wondering if it was possible if I could look at a sample calibration from a 2011+ 3.7 mustang (manual preferably), that I could open in the demo software just to see how complex it really is. Thanks in advance guys, I think it's awesome hptuners is supporting the new fords and adding extra functionality to their product so quickly.
    Last edited by AKDMB; 09-05-2014 at 01:55 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    just a heads up the 2012 3.7 mustang doesn't use copperhead, it uses some derivative called the ESYS 2048k.

So I'm guessing my request was a little outside the realm of possibility?

Thanks for getting back to me Bill, hptuners looks like a great option for the DIY tuners out there.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDMB View Post
    So I'm guessing my request was a little outside the realm of possibility?

Thanks for getting back to me Bill, hptuners looks like a great option for the DIY tuners out there.
    You can download the stock tune and create a support request to have the definition created with attached .hpt file.

I have tuned my wife's 2013 3.7 with success.

Senior Tuner
    On Friday got my buddies 3.7 to the track finally that I've been working on, pretty dam quick for a 6! *13.5 @ 103* Bill and the guys were awesome getting the car support needed for this one, hes super happy
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Probably stupid question, but wanned to ask just to make sure. Please advise for Mustang 4.6L 3V to tune AFR - i assume there are 2 main tables affecting it: MAF table and AFR target map. So if we change something in the vehicle like headers... cams... should MAF be recalibrated to get AFR according to Target map? or there is any other map may be like VE or something?

Tuner
    2017 Mustang GT.
    When should I be doing a write entire and why?
    Thanks

Potential Tuner
    Just a suggestion, there are a couple threads covering 18 manifold swaps on to the gen 1 and 2 coyotes with IMRCs. We should post the values used to make this swap work, since we have one for delete i think we should have one for keeping them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkuhlman View Post
    Just a suggestion, there are a couple threads covering 18 manifold swaps on to the gen 1 and 2 coyotes with IMRCs. We should post the values used to make this swap work, since we have one for delete i think we should have one for keeping them.
    The correct values to make imrc work on 15-17 gen 2 is 1.6 42.2 for offset and slope on both offset and slope 1 and 2. Suggest lowering optimal performance rpm and some of your open and close load values.
    Last edited by dnun93; 12-28-2021 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Added info

Banned
    When you change any of the axis/row values you want to write entire.

Quote Originally Posted by dnun93 View Post
    When you change any of the axis/row values you want to write entire.
    not true

Tuner in Training
    hello so im pretty green when it comes to all this.. so i got hp tuners to help with my manual swap 2010 crown Victoria since iv done updates iv lost some options there just 1 thing in there now its in advanced mode. Screenshot (1).pngScreenshot (3)_LI.jpg
    Last edited by kwcvpi2010; 04-21-2022 at 05:55 PM.

Tuner
    Don't see this important thread in the How to header (maybe I missed it?)

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...rol-ETC-System

Hello,
    Is there a way programmed into Editor software to provide access to the Octane Function plug settings (87, 89, 91, 93) located within the OS VID block in the Spanish Oaks & later ECUs?
    As I understand, these settings actually represent the specific calibrated knock sensor frequencies according to the OEM cyl bore dia that is associated with the fuel AKI being used when cyl knock occurs, thus is important to be physically set in the OS VID block to match the octane AKI of the fuel being burned for proper cyl knock detection as well as mimicking the old Ford Octane Adjust wiring socket & "plug" insert that was used back in the day w\ the earlier EEC Ford ECU's (Foxbody, SN95 days).

If this is incorrect then please correct me.

You've provided access to the OS VID block to disable the VID block usage of the VSS sensor, gear ratio, tire revs\mile, etc to use these same calibration-provided settings.......so is it just as possible to provide the same access to the Octane Function plug fuel octane settings located in the OS VID block thru the tune calibration file so these are accessible thru the Editor software?

Or is this already available thru the addition of the User Defined Parameters package?

Appreciate any info given on this.