Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error Message.....

Advanced Tuner

Error Message.....

i ve got 3 yr experience w/hp tuners and have flashed and edited my car hundreds of times. my recent mod is twin turbo 427, old set up was twin turbo 347. anyway i also wrote a RTT tune while in the building process. well today i am ready to load and this is what i got...

I APPRECIATE ALL YOUR HELP! SEROUISLY!
    this has been a very lenghty and expensive mod session that has beat me up pretty bad.

BTW i even tried to load an old non RTT tune nd that too doesnt work.

What is your attachement? Screen shot of the error? It is a broken link on my screen.... maybe just my puter though...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    can you post a vcm suite infolog of the vehicle your trying to write this file to, just be sure to delete your serial number & app key from the infolog.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    also try it with your scanner closed out and ONLY your editor open.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    OH BOY!

something didnt seem right w/gauges, the temp gauge was pegged and the low fuel came on. i then went to dic and found that the pcm showed "no comm." the pin # 2 in the obdII will not transmit if it the pcm isnt communicating.

I've run into the Bootloader timeout a few times. Never did figure out why though.

If you didn't get to write the PCM at all (didn't get to the *Programming* part) you should be able to try Write Entire again. If that doesn't work and it stops at the bootloader stage or earlier, something on the bus is yacking and interupting the process. Or like you said Pin 2 of the OBDII connector is flaking out on you. Give it a little squeeze and that will apply more friction to the OBDII cable's pins.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Advanced Tuner
    I've run into the Bootloader timeout a few times. Never did figure out why though.

If you didn't get to write the PCM at all (didn't get to the *Programming* part) you should be able to try Write Entire again. If that doesn't work and it stops at the bootloader stage or earlier, something on the bus is yacking and interupting the process. Or like you said Pin 2 of the OBDII connector is flaking out on you. Give it a little squeeze and that will apply more friction to the OBDII cable's pins.[/QUOTE]

i cannot scan as pcm isnt reporting.
    doug dic says "pmc no comm."

none of the gauges are working. the sweep when keyed up but no reading. i cannot view any pcm codes but others. i saw u1000 u1016...
    doug the connection on the pmc pin 58(data signal) is good and its also good up to the star connector. i need a scanner to test the signal though, what frequency is it? i can getta fluke tester. dont ask me how its possible but i think my pcm took a dump will sitting on my work bench while the latest mod took place.[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by NICKY BOY; 08-01-2007 at 10:02 PM.

If you got the time: Try it in low speed mode. I had an issue (dang stereos!) on a car just this evening. Bootloader timed out every time. Switched to low speed an voila!

Seems as though my case is not isolated . I have been having similar issues over the past few months & it's driving me crazy !
    Bring on the next release & hope this solves the issue !

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by vuss383
    Seems as though my case is not isolated . I have been having similar issues over the past few months & it's driving me crazy !
    Bring on the next release & hope this solves the issue !

not a software problem....hardware or connection.

Or aftermarket radios. They are the #1 culprit because many of them have a device that lets the rest of the modules think the OEM radio is still there and it will not shut up during a write.

If you are having serious communication issues try pulling the radio power for a while.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    Or aftermarket radios. They are the #1 culprit because many of them have a device that lets the rest of the modules think the OEM radio is still there and it will not shut up during a write.

If you are having serious communication issues try pulling the radio power for a while.

gotta high quality scanner and it couldnt communicate w/pcm. it did however talk w/bcm and ect.....new pcm on its way. i guess i "bricked" it?????

what would cause it it to die?

*Out of the ordinary* types of interference. Or a battery that sagged on you during a write entire are the only things I can think of.

Advanced Tuner
    *Out of the ordinary* types of interference. Or a battery that sagged on you during a write entire are the only things I can think of.

YUP!

I GOTTA phone call today from guy that i sent the pcm to and he told me that it was blank!
    vin # installed and volia, it now communicates and he was able to load stock tune.
    i will make sure that lap top is charged and delete sleep mode along w/full charge on the battery

And turn the stereo off... LOL No Jammin while programmin

No Jammin while programmin
    2K ECSB 4WD 1500 Silvy 6.0L(swapped), 2600 Suncoast TC, TransTech4L80E, '02 PCM upgrade,Patriot Stg 2 Heads,TVS1900(2.8 Pulley),custom 224/228 568/571 114+4,meth inject to wet a 75 shot of nitrous,dynatech hdrs,gutted cats,4.1 gears w/Eaton LSP,HPT-EIO,DynoJet WB, and tuned by the seat of my pants.
    12.22 @ 110.75 blower/meth/110 (76*) (radix)
    11.66 @ 115.95 bower/meth/110/50shot (45*) (radix)
    11.35 @ 117.35 blower/meth/110/75shot (45*) (radix)

great info and help with this thread.
    projects
    56' 4dr belair, 350ci 347hp
    68' mustang fastback 460ci hp unknown
    70' datsun 305ci hp 280 ford 9
    72' datsun 350ci turbo 350 hp unknown
    89' 240sx 2 liter SR20 hp unknown
    90' Rx7 vert T2swap.
    latest project
    01' Ls1, in 90' Mazda Rx7.
    12.7 last slip. hp unknown

Advanced Tuner
    doug the problem found...the pcm was completely blank....not even a VIN#!!
    what could have caused that? have u seen that before?

Senior Tuner
    Who made the headers on that Vette?
    They look nice (actually the whole setup does).

Ken

Usually even "blank" PCMs have at least a "placeholder" VIN installed. Never seen one totally blank but there's always a first....