Thread: BOOST HELP! stumble & spitting under boost with 100octane after shifting

Tuner

BOOST HELP! stumble & spitting under boost with 100octane after shifting

I just have a Boost question
    I was at the track again and after my truck would shift it would bog and sound like a misfire.
    I was running some 100 octane race fuel for the first time and i think it might have a little to do with it. I already have 2 steps colder of a plug that i used for nitrous that i was told was a little too cold for my boost.
    I logged a scan but it doesnt show a misfire or a change in anything when the stumble or spitting accures. HP Tuners scan should pick up any kind of misfire whether if its a lean, rich, or fouled plug right???
    My questions is that since i already have too cold of plugs and with the higher octane was i blowing my spark out under boost??? And just need hotter plugs, or is it a tuning issue that needs attention since i have never had this happen before with pump gas.

frames 3275-3330 is a wot run that towards the end before i let off it started breaking up.

LS, This may be no help to you but it will help me out a great deal. I am still a bit fuzzy on some of the pid and scanner parameters. I looked at your scan and don't see where misfires are logged. So I tried to make a custom cfg. that included misfire and then run your scan but it reverts back to another cfg once I open your log. I tried closing and re opening your scan after I made changes to the cfg but without success. Could you post the cfg. you used for this scan. If that helps me out then great, if not I will post for help specificly on configs inother thread somewhere. Thanks alot!!!

Tuner
    I could not log misfire either. What PID are you looking to log?

I am pretty sure there is pid's in the scanner to log all sorts of misfire activity, from cyl to cyl, historical misfire, and most important total misfire count.... try to add one of those to your table (primary)then add it to the chart view. If you are misfiring for sure then the pcm will pick it up, and HpTuners will display it if it is a supported parameter and your config is set up right for it..... Next time I hook up to a vehicle with hptuners I will try to log misfires and let you know how I made out. As far as your problem at the track.....I'll look at your scan again but I think you may not have it configged right to see what you are looking for. Goodluck LSX.!

I just posted an extensive Misfire config with histograms HERE
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner
    ya i just clicked on every pid and if it wasnt supported with my truck i just deleted it. but ya i think since i dont have a wide band when it hits a rich spot i think with the combination of the cold plugs the octane its fouling out. it sounds just like i'm riding the rev chip on msd.

Tuner
    Nice histos. i'll try them out tonight. but i am going to fill up with pump gas tonight so it prolly wont do it now