Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turned off your speed limiter & it still cuts out at 100mph???

Tuner in Training

i have a 2013 gmc 1500 with a 6.2 i have mine set like the screen shot shows and still shuts off at 100

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Then you might want to post your file.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Does anybody know if this also prevents the TPMS from limiting speed as well? Curious before I throw my winter tires on my impala. I would rather not have the extra expense of 4 new TPMS and a relearn. It's my understanding the BCM limits you to 55 if it loses com with one of the TPMS sensors. Doesn't seem to be a way to directly modify TPMS in HP Tuners because of it being in the BCM. In theory I'm thinking switching off GMLAN may also prevent it from the TPMS speed limiter as well. Anybody have experience with this?

Potential Tuner
    I am unable to see the picture posted but ive been having issues changing the speed limiter on a 2014 sierra 6.2. I set the new limiter to 140mph and it still shuts off at 100mph. I did find the calibration setting but without the picture im unsure im setting it properly!

Thanks

Potential Tuner
    im having this issue on a 17 6.2.. whats the resolve

Tuner
    Just started searching... Ran across this thread, with no response to the last questions (posted one year ago). Guess I'll keep searching...
    **Capt. Ron - 7th Dist. Fire**

Tuner
    Sorry for bumping an old thread but, I'm changing the speed limiter on a '14 5.3 Silverado. Will the driveline be ok with this change as long as the truck isn't run for long distance at high speeds?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by XxScottxXN View Post
    Sorry for bumping an old thread but, I'm changing the speed limiter on a '14 5.3 Silverado. Will the driveline be ok with this change as long as the truck isn't run for long distance at high speeds?
    probably not, its why many dyno tuners only run trucks in 2nd gear now...

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    probably not, its why many dyno tuners only run trucks in 2nd gear now...
    In other words "don't change the limiter" ? Not even to 120mph?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by XxScottxXN View Post
    In other words "don't change the limiter" ? Not even to 120mph?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8Kjuk6KXMA

Tuner in Training
    In the first post from OP it states that there's a screen shot provided. I don't see the screenshot. I am new to HP tuners and am not sure where I have to go to find the GMLAN/Calibration setting.
    EDIT:
    OK found it.
    Go to SPEEDO tab. Then LIMITER tab in the box that pops up. Under GENERAL there is a Source tab. There you will have the two options (GMLAN/Calibration)
    Then under the LIMITS area, change the numbers to the desired speed under Speed Limit Comm Fail.
    Last edited by reborn74; 05-23-2019 at 11:57 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I am now having this issue but I did change the settin listed above as usual. Maybe the gear tire wizard is still have bugs I guess. It's starting to get on my nerves really. Sometimes when I open the gear tire wizard it's just single diget numbers instead of the actual tire size and gear ratio on these gen 4s

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by reborn74 View Post
    In the first post from OP it states that there's a screen shot provided. I don't see the screenshot. I am new to HP tuners and am not sure where I have to go to find the GMLAN/Calibration setting.
    EDIT:
    OK found it.
    Go to SPEEDO tab. Then LIMITER tab in the box that pops up. Under GENERAL there is a Source tab. There you will have the two options (GMLAN/Calibration)
    Then under the LIMITS area, change the numbers to the desired speed under Speed Limit Comm Fail.

I did this in my E67 controller (see attached screen shot). I set SOURCE: [Calibration], and Speed Limiter Comms Fail: [194] mph. The speedo still drops at 100 mph in the Scanner tool and on my speedo gage.
    Speed Limiter.png

Any idea how to keep the speedo from dropping out?
    Jeff

Tuner in Training
    I figured out how to fix the issue on my E67 controller.... in the SPEEDO section under [Calibration] tab, I changed the [Vehicle Speed Output] from [Serial] to [RepTOS]. The speedo no longer drops out at 100mph.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    In many late model trucks There is a speed limiter in both the calibration as well as GMLAN. In stock form many trucks are set for GMLAN. To adjust the speed limiter properly in these vehicles you must set the source to Calibration as shown in the screenshot provide.

Hopefully this post will help at least one person from having this happen to them

Screenshot?
    2005 Silverado 2wd Crue Cab, Daily Driver
    2005 370" LQ4, BTR Truck Torque Cam, 202/202, .511/.511 111
    LS6 Springs, LS7 Lifters, Trunnion upgrade
    Speed Engineering HAI, Stock exhaust with 3" I/O Flowmaster
    New 4L65E

2005 Cadillac CTSV TT, Too much to list.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by 54inches View Post
    Screenshot?
    Screenshot from what it looked like in 2007, or current?

On your keyboard, hold down CTRL and hit the N key. Type 'source' into the searchbox. Or just look in Speedo > Limiter.