Thread: Cold Start AFR Tuning

Tuner in Training

Angry Cold Start AFR Tuning

I've had this issue for longer than I can remember and have not yet figured it out. I've tried lots of mechanical fixes but nothing has worked. Here's what's happening:

On cold starts my car lopes and shakes a lot while in open loop. I'm not throwing any codes. Once the car switches over to closed loop it runs perfectly. While it's loping and shaking the RPMs vary a bit, the interior and exterior lights all dim variably and of course its rather embarassing.

I see we have the ability to change Cold Start AFR with a subtractor. I know you want to run a little rich on start ups, but what's a good AFR to start with? And could this be the only problem? If anyone else has any experience with this whether it's tuning or otherwise I'd very much appreciate some help.

Chris

(Attached is my tuning file, most of which is stock)
    2008 Cobalt Sport Coupe 2.4L A4
    K&N Typhoon Ram Air Intake
    CA 2.5" Header and Down-pipe w/ cat

Tuner
    Doy you have a scan log to go with that?

For a start, cut that table by 50% and log the test.
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins