Thread: Re-flash entire over locked pcm

Tuner

Re-flash entire over locked pcm

I understand it is a controversial subject but is it possible to enable a complete Write-entire to be flash on to a locked pcm. By completely writing would not pcm useless when ariving for a tune and previous tuners can get upset about people copying there tune. Personaly i would prefer to start on a clean slate anyway.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Nothing controversial about it...it can't be done to my knowledge. Easy fix is to have the previous tuner unlock the pcm & flash it back to stock.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    But the Tech-II can do it, right? Or no?

nope.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    Nothing controversial about it...it can't be done to my knowledge. Easy fix is to have the previous tuner unlock the pcm & flash it back to stock.
    Have you ever had a customer who has had a runin with a previous tuneshop and when they ask to have pcm unlock they say "Get F#@%*D" i have many times or a customer buys a car interstate and doesnt know who tuned it or that it was tuned cant track down previous tuner. or maybe the tune shop has closed down. If you get were im coming from. Just save the customer from having to foot out a additonal $500+ for pcm then a tune.I know i would pay additional 2credits to have the ability to do the tune and not lose the job and have a pile of useless pcm that are only worth 0.05c scrap metal
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 08-04-2007 at 05:57 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You cannot do a full write over a tunerlocked pcm, end of story.

No tuning software will unlock a tunerlocked pcm without the key which you'd need to get from the tunershop that tuned it ANYWAY which im sure they would be very helpful in unlocking their work that they tried to protect by tunerlocking it.

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Let me try to make this a little more clear before I lock this thread cause its been answered several times already, in this thread...

I left something valuable in my neighbors house, but I don't have their key.
    They are out of town for weeks.
    I need to get inside to get my valuable item.
    STATESMAN, open the door for me.

What, its locked you say?

Ya, I know its locked, thats ok though because my valuable item is inside.. and i do own it.. i have papers to prove it.. Open the door please.

Yea, I know its locked.. Unlock it. Let me in.

Oh, you need the key? I don't have the key.. but my valuable item is inside which i own and can proove that, so let me in please..

Do you get the point?

You can't gain access to a locked PCM because YOU nor WE have the key.. and without the KEY you can't gain access, no matter how much you want to..

And as bill said before, there is NOTHING contraversial about this at all.

If you don't have the key, you can't gain access... its as simple as that..

Now, if you want to "break down the door" like that link you posted, thats all fine and dandy.. that will get you access sure.. but you'll need to replace the door and some other stuff as well.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...