Thread: Saturn Aura Read Issues

Tuner

Saturn Aura Read Issues

In attempts to find out if the Saturn Aura would be a noteworthy car to boost I decided to run to my nearest Saturn dealership to take it for a "test drive" and perform a read on the ECM.

The car was a 2008 Saturn Aura XR 3.6L 6 speed Automatic. Nice Car BTW.

Here are my questions:

1. When attempting to do a "read entire" the car would start the initial scan and then stop saying that a "read was not available".

2. The car comes up as a 2007 Pontiac G6 with the VIN # instated on the ECM. Weird..

3. I do show both are shown as supported vehicles on the list

*06-07 Pontiac G6 3.5, 3.6, 3.9 (3.5 in 07 only)
    *07 Saturn Aura 3.5, 3.6

I know since it's an 08 it might not have support but Saturn did a look up and the part #'s are the same for the computer.

I did not have an 07 Aura XR on the lot as they are trying to phase them out in favor of the 08's. They have an XE though which is NOT what I am interested.

Is there perhaps a beta platform of HPT that can read this? Please advise on why this might happen. Thank you!

P.S I am running HPT 2.1.18.0

-Mike

Tuner
    Also one more thing to note:

In the VCM Scanner it only read half the parameters it seemed...

-Mike

P.S Here is a copy of the scan log. This car can scoot! N/A

Enjoy.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If its not on the supported list & will not read out simply send us a vcm suite infolog while connected to the vehicle to support at hptuners.com
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    If its not on the supported list & will not read out simply send us a vcm suite infolog while connected to the vehicle to support at hptuners.com
    But the ECM is of an 07 unit that reads it as an 07. How would it not work If I can I will try to find an 07 but they about sold out of them now..

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    More than likely the latest beta would be able to read out the pcm just fine since its the alloytech, but sending me an infolog would be the best, quickest, easiest way to get the ball rolling which is why I recommended it.

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    More than likely the latest beta would be able to read out the pcm just fine since its the alloytech, but sending me an infolog would be the best, quickest, easiest way to get the ball rolling which is why I recommended it.

-Bill
    have an idea of the next HPT release? I will try to get an info log during the week if it's possible. Thanks

-Mike