Thread: Few questions

Few questions

Looking over a Ford bin, it seems to me that Ford has based their programming purely on lambda (AFR) readings. Unlike the GM where we can 'EASILY' control the settings, such as our PE curves and spark, Ford has worked things in a completely backwards way...if your a mathematician i'm sure it would help. Unluckily for me I passed with a C in stats and maths :/ Any other ideas regarding tuning the Ford bins???

Another question, is there any reason why this parameter only shows up to 5000rpm? Seems kinda low to me, on the Trailblazer bins it shows up to around 7000rpm
    Last edited by Mep_q8; 08-09-2007 at 03:49 AM.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

What is the screenshot from? (Type of Vehicle?) I assume a truck, most Ford trucks don't buzz pass 5K so why make the table read higher? If you need to change the range just click on the axis heading, in this case "Engine Speed (RPM)". You'll then have to re-work the entire table though.

Load % is calculated based on airflow.

Just multiply the lambada reading by 14.64 and you'll get the target AFR, not really mathematician level math.
    -Michael Rudolph-
    2003 Redfire Cobra
    Eaton Powered to a:
    11.301 @ 129 1.68 60' MT DRs
    11.85 @ 124 1.90 60' street tires

Senior Tuner
    Nothing is backwards here. It's very simple. Load is calculated by the pcm based on MAF measurement. Read the Load in %, so .10 = 10%, .50 = 50%, etc. Remember, the good thing about a Ford, is now that there ain't no such thing as a pegged MAF. Well, there is, but I meant in a sense that there are MAF options for Fords that keep you from ever having to worry about a pegged MAF. JUST SAY NO TO PEGGED MAFs!

As Michael said, you can change the normalizers on a Ford for just about *every* parameter, so as to gain more range, unlike a GM.

Furthermore, as he said, 14.64 is Lambda on a Ford, so just do the math and you will know what AFR Ford is commanding when in OL.

Trailblazin' do me a favor, go up to "Edit, Calibration Details", and give me your calibration ID code (listed under "VCM OS ID"). Also, what year, model, and type of vehicle. I'm assuming you have an F150.
    Last edited by RWTD; 08-10-2007 at 12:26 AM.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)