Thread: 96 GT AODE to AOD Trans swap Possible Tune to work????

Tuner

96 GT AODE to AOD Trans swap Possible Tune to work????

I'm currently in the process of putting a built 94 AOD in a 96 Mustang GT. Our local Mustang Tuner Shop said it will not work properly without tuning from them. They have SCT. But i know HPT is working on getting the fords online for tuning. As of right now would i be able to run HPT OS on a 96 GT? and would i be able to make that transmission to work? and how?

Tuner
    ANYONE? I would like to make sure i can convince my buddy i can before he buys a Preditor Tuner

Tuner
    Thanks for the replay. I was just unsure when HPT said soon we can tune Fords. I didnt know if that ment all OBD2 Fords or not. And I also found out that the 2 Transmissions do not have the same bell housing. I soke to our local tuner shop and they do both HTP and SCT so with him having a stage 2 blower setup for right now to get the job done right he is going to run SCT.

The aod and early E is primarily used on 5.0L and the Late E/4R70 is used behind 4.6L's. They are different bellhousings but the tranny is essentially the same.