Former DHP user here (well not completely former yet, just a broken PowrTuner) who has just ordered a HP Pro unit.

I have an '02 GT with a GTP swap, along with some other goodies (cam, injectors, etc, etc) I re-wrote my PCM with a modified '02 GTP binfile using my PowrTuner. I was being conservative with my injector flow rate, and once I started the car, I realized I was too conservative, so I have a hard running car dumping way too much fuel. I have done some searching, and I will do some more as I wait for my HP, but a couple of questions that I am confused about.

If I wrote to my PCM with the PT, can I still read the PCM with the HP? I know you can't read the DHP PCM, but I am confused about if there is a problem reading when you write with the PowrTuner? If that is the case, I have to re-customize a stock GTP bin? I would really love to start off where I left off and I will be even more torqued if I can't, due to some phony protection.

I know someone with a Tech II and someone else has offered up his 02 PCM if needed, so I am probably ok with getting the PCM back to stock if need be.

Now, about credits, if I have an 02 GT which would need 02 GTP code, what do I need to license? I think I understand it, but let me make sure.

I see for supported vehicles the following:
97-05 Pontiac Grand Prix 3.1, 3.8 2 4

Does this mean I can license my individual car for 2 credits, or all 02 Grand Prix 3.1/3.8 for 4 credits? And since my step-son has a 97 GTP, I would have to also either use 2 credits for his car only or use 4 credits for all 97 GT/GTP's?

Given the above, what determines the model year of the car? I ask, because I have a spare PCM from an '00 GTP that I would like to use, but I just want to make sure that is possible without needing more credits.

Thanks for the help, and I hope I can provide some help here in the future. I really didn't want to buy another tuner, but I need my car running, and at the moment, that is not possible, and doesn't seem to be happening in the near term.

Thanks again,

Shawn