Thread: I'm in a pickle and I need the Grand Prix tuners help

Tuner in Training

I'm in a pickle and I need the Grand Prix tuners help

Ok guys, I need a hand. I just received my HPtuner today, and it's looking like my PCM is locked. My checksum fails and I guess early DHP PCM's have a history of locking up. I have never tuned before, and was hoping that I could use my existing semi custom DHP tune as a baseline but it's looking like I can't. I'm not contemplating either giving up on the tune or trying to get refund on my tuner or outright selling it.

So, anyone here have a file for a good baseline for the following mods for a 2002 Grand Prix GTP

160* tstat
    Performance shift on
    TOG's
    RT Hiflow cat
    Corsa Exhaust
    Wizair intake
    3.4 pulley

I have a 3.2 pulley and intercooler getting ready to go on. I bought the tuner to tuen for that step but it looks like I'm going to loose my baseline.

Thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If your not confident starting from scratch, check out our repository right from your customer login page at www.hptuners.com as there are dozens that should get you on the right path.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Well, what do you know, there is more then 1 for the GP. If you take out the date, all the others show up for it. HAHAHA. This is NOT my day.

All I wanted to do, was spend my 2 credits today and look at the tables. All I've gotten is heart failure. That will teach me.

Tuner in Training
    Where did you get the PCM from?

Some companies do lock their PCMs, mainly so that you don't copy their tune and sell it (or so that people don't mess with it and screw something up). You'd have to talk to them. Do you still have your stock PCM?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball216
    Where did you get the PCM from?

Some companies do lock their PCMs, mainly so that you don't copy their tune and sell it (or so that people don't mess with it and screw something up). You'd have to talk to them. Do you still have your stock PCM?
    From what he's saying its a 2+ year old DHP pcm, which I saw a few of when I was tuning on the side. They do some weird stuff with the checksums ultimately locking the pcm. Its funny because even their own tuning software package cannot read these older pcm's.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    From what he's saying its a 2+ year old DHP pcm, which I saw a few of when I was tuning on the side. They do some weird stuff with the checksums ultimately locking the pcm. Its funny because even their own tuning software package cannot read these older pcm's.
    I think you're talking about their 1.0 PCM's. It's not that their software can't read those, DHP doesn't want them read. These are basically a canned pcm made for a minimally to moderately modded car. I believe that when you order one of those, you can contact them for some custom stuff to be done to those pcm's.

Tuner in Training
    if you contact DHP they will tell you to send in your pcm and they will send back your pcm with a 1.5 file that is tuneable.
    ~Mike
    97 GTP coupe... slowly becoming hptuned, pem's, 3.4 pulley, rt dp, borla cat back, thrasher cai, and some homemade stuff

71 GTO
    400, 4 spd

03 n2o Firecat
    asphalt sled on spray

Tuner in Training
    Part of the problem, is that I don't have an off the shelf tuned pcm by them. Charles custom programmed it for it with the mods I had and was adding in the near future. So it's a bit better then the generic model you purchase.