Thread: 98 GTP no power and rough idle

Advanced Tuner

98 GTP no power and rough idle

I havent gotten around to tuning this car yet because I wanted to try and fix its running issues before licensing it.

A little backround:
    165K miles on the car
    plugs, wires, coils, and fuel filter within the last year
    car has had running issues for about the past 2 years, replaced the injectors with a "good" used set that were flow tested at Arizona TPI and the said were all good.

when running a cylinder balance test as stated in the other thread I actually see a rise on cylinder one, which may be realted to HPTuners. I think it is not because my dads car, 00 Impala with the NA 3.8, shows a drop on all 6 cylinders, but this could be a GTP related issue, never know.

anyways I have attached several log files.

one thing that does jump right out at me is that the vehicle is basically stock yet has fuel trims in the plus 18% or more range. also if I reset the trims the car nearly times until they come back into the plus.

could this just be a simple vacuum leak?

Senior Tuner
    Try spraying TB cleaner all around your intake and connections leading to the intake. If, while spraying, your idle goes "wonky" (sorry about the funny description but I hope it makes sense) then you do indeed have a vac leak.