Thread: Speedometer not reading correctly

Tuner in Training

Speedometer not reading correctly

My car originally came with a 6 speed and was converted to a turbo 400. I wired the speedo up and entered my tire size(28") and gear ratio(3.50). It seems to read about double of what I'm actually traveling.
    I ended up changing it to 22" tire and a 6.00 gear and it seems alot closer. The VSS pulses per mile is 93498 and the trans-rev is 17.0000. The trans revolutions/mile is at 1601.0741.
    Is something messed up because of it formerly being a six speed car or do I really have something messed up. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Senior Tuner
    Probably a different speed sensor or sensor gear in the trans.

Potential Tuner
    Search for Johnny5 because I posted the same thing a while ago and worked through it. You went from a 17 tooth reluctor ring to a 40 with the auto. Had you done an A4 to TH400 swap you'd be good but now your off by around double'ish.

Check that post for instructions.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny5
    Search for Johnny5 because I posted the same thing a while ago and worked through it. You went from a 17 tooth reluctor ring to a 40 with the auto. Had you done an A4 to TH400 swap you'd be good but now your off by around double'ish.

Check that post for instructions.
    Thanks!