Thread: 3900 swap?

Potential Tuner

3900 swap?

Hello! I am on the verge of picking up an HPtuner MPVI Pro package so I can tune my up and coming project.I am trying to swap in a 3.9L v6 from a pontiac g6 into my 1990 beretta. I have the engine, computer, and engine wiring, but I plan to pickup the dash harness, guage cluster, and bcm. I am wondering if I can disable most of the bcm functions (abs, airbags etc),vats, and also run without the drive by wire system in favor of a cable throttle linkage( will need to make an adapter plate to adapte throttle body of choice). I am a newbie when it comes to tuning, but I have to start somewhere even though this project seems a bit ambitious. I would just run with the older OBD1 system, but then I'd lose the ability to use the VVT functionality this engine offers, which could be big later on. Also can a 2 or 3 bar MAP sensor be integrated with the G6 ecm using the credit upgrades? Thanks for your time and all responses are greatly appreciated.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Our product tunes the ECM & TCM & has nothing to do with the bcm or its functions.

As for 2/3 bar custom operating systems for that pcm there is nothing available, yet.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"