Thread: Lost Stereo

Tuner in Training

Lost Stereo

I tried to flash this morning and I had a FAILED on Preparing VCM. Then I had all kinds of error messages...Reduced power, service traction control, low fuel and maybe some others. I ended up doing a Non-active write test and it cleared all the errors. However, I did end up with a U1000 code that I was able to clear. The problem is that the stereo is dead. Not even a Clock. 2003 Z06, Factory Stereo.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Update. At lunch I did a write entire and still no radio. I've also removed the PCM fuse a and b for about a minute. I will try disconnecting the battery for 5 min when I get home.

Any other ideas.
    Last edited by Rob's 73; 08-23-2007 at 12:26 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Help

Advanced Tuner
    Unhooking battery fixed it...
    2007 CTS-V LS2

nice!... any idea why? does it reset the comm to stereo? maybe hp hogged the bus or something....pros?

Tuner in Training
    ya. my stereo has been acting up lately since i've been tuning. turning on and off or just not coming on all together. very weird. Also the motorized faceplate wont come down all the way anymore. Could hpt be causing this or should I go in and have it serviced?
    2000 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 Z71 5.3L
    K&N CAI, MAF DeScreen, P/P TB, NGK plugs, Taylor 409 wires, 160 Thermostat, Gibson Chrome headers, CAT back 3" Flomaster, 4.10 Gears, 4l60E, 91 Octane

search for new posts... there is one where BIll comments about how HP tuners tells everything else on the bus to "shut up" while it is communicating to the vcm.... so malfunctions with the radio while tuning may occur but really shouldn't after you have removed hptuners and re-established comm to everything else...also I gathered from some other posts that HP's ability to quiet everything down while tuning is most effective with factory components, and not so effective with aftermarket stuff... is your radio aftermarket? goodluck!

here is the link for that thread I quoted... http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...038#post100038

I am sure there is many others that say unplug the radio fuse when tuning.. goodluck

Tuner in Training
    It wont do a damn thing. Can hit the reset button and still got nothing. Guess I'll just take it to BB and see if it is covered under warranty still. Not going to buy another $500 one I can tell you that.
    Read that post already hauss but thanks. Must just be in radio i'd say.
    2000 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 Z71 5.3L
    K&N CAI, MAF DeScreen, P/P TB, NGK plugs, Taylor 409 wires, 160 Thermostat, Gibson Chrome headers, CAT back 3" Flomaster, 4.10 Gears, 4l60E, 91 Octane