Thread: Cant connect

Cant connect

I bought 2 credits as my friend wanted the speed limiter removed on this truck.

When I connected it today I went to read and got an error that could not connect to the VCM. (see attached)

I tried to look at it with scanner and same issue. Walked right over to my trailblazer SS and it connected fine.

Any ideas.

Rich

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    what year/make/model vehicle?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Sorry. 07 Chevy duramax diesal.

I am going to go back and try a different USB table. I was loging tonight in my truck and had an issue and the only thing I did was move things around. So maybe I have a bad USB cord. I thought it was something to do with this truck because I went straight from his to mine and it worked.

Rich

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Your gonna need the latest beta to read them as its still in public beta. Shoot an email with your serial number & a link to this thread & I'll get you the update.

Thanks,
    Bill

Hey Rich,

When you get it up & running could you post how things are going & what your likes & dislikes are?
    Thanks.

John
    2006 LBZ Duramax 4x4 CC SB 2500HD SRW 4x4 LT1 (with extras), Blocked & Fingered, Fumoto drain valve, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Banks Ram Air, Access cover & Rhino over the rails, Victory Red.
    33'-0" Dutchman fifthwheel,Tekonsha Voyager Brake Controller

Banks Sixgun with HPTUNERS.

Quote Originally Posted by CRASHNBURN
    Hey Rich,
    When you get it up & running could you post how things are going & what your likes & dislikes are?
    Thanks.

John

John, its not my truck. The only reason I am touching the tune is to remove the speed limiter. Believe it or not !

He just bought it and installed a Banks intercooler and a Banks command center thing that runs on a Palm Pilot.

So in a nutshell, I am not going to know what happens with it.

Rich

You should shut down the egr for him to. Tell him to put in the blocker plate & he will be happier & so will his motor. Thanks for getting back to me.
    2006 LBZ Duramax 4x4 CC SB 2500HD SRW 4x4 LT1 (with extras), Blocked & Fingered, Fumoto drain valve, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Banks Ram Air, Access cover & Rhino over the rails, Victory Red.

What kind of difference does shutting down the EGR make?

It will keep the dirty air out of your motor & oil. You will get better mileage & more horsepower. Your engine will only breathe fresh air. You should also have him put in a blocker plate. If you get enought pressure it can still force open up the valve.

I am also having a problem connecting to an '05 3500 silverado. I downloaded the latest update, but no luck. What do I need to do to connect to the truck? I am getting the same error as the picture above.
    98 F150

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by blu98ta
    I am also having a problem connecting to an '05 3500 silverado. I downloaded the latest update, but no luck. What do I need to do to connect to the truck? I am getting the same error as the picture above.
    When you plug your interface into the obd2 port but NOT your laptop does the green power light on the interface come on?

yes, i believe so. Not a 100% sure though, I did it last night
    98 F150

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If the light is on try getting a vcm suite infolog & contacting support