Thread: New to tuning...I have a couple questions

New to tuning...I have a couple questions

I received a tune that was supposed to be a stock Radix tune but when I installed it, the truck pinged like crazy. I started going by the notes that I've found on here and started to change the Main VE table. I have changed it so much from the tune that I received originally that I'm wondering if I'm tuning this thing right. I am not doing SD tuning so I still have the MAF hooked up and I have not reset the fuel trim's either. I just keep looking at the VE table and noticed that it is extremely high...at least I think it's high from the other tables that I've seen from here. I am starting to get my LTFT's around 0 to -2 on the average. I guess I'm just wondering if someone can look at it and give me some reassurance or direction. Thanks in advance.

Attachment 8160

Attachment 8256

BTW: My truck is a 2003 Silverado SS, stock engine with a Radix (3.10 pulley), CAI, dual flowmaster 50 series (replaced factory muffler), Elec. Fans, 8.5 plug wires.
    Last edited by 56chevywagon; 09-01-2007 at 09:07 PM.

2003 Silverado SS - Mods: Polished Radix S/C, MSD Super Conductor 8.5 Wires, Airaid box w/ K&N Cone Filter, Flowmaster 50 Series Mufflers, Helwig Rear Anti Sway Bar, 2/2 Belltech Drop and a Shopman SS Bowtie.
    2017 SS Sedan- Still stock, but not for long
    1956 Chevy 210 Wagon (Re-Restoring)

The MAF is the primary airflow meter, so if you haven't disabled it you can play with the VE table all you want and have little to no effect on LTFTs. There are plenty of stickys that document the procedure to disable the MAF (MAF High Fail Freq = 0) and tune the VE.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game