Thread: MAF help!

MAF help!

I have been tuning using a WB, have the VE real close so started the MAF tuning and have been doing idle to approx. 4000 rpm part throttle and have that range close so I started doing as I have read many times doing a idle to near red line in 2nd gear with the throttle nearly wide open, although the VCM may sence that it is WOT and the numbers in the MAF percent histagram have gone to as much as minus 15 to 18 in the areas I had real close did the WOT throw off the part throttle numbers? did I wast all that time getting the part throttle areas close?, can anyone shed some light on whats going on.

thanks in advance
    2002 WS-6, Built A-4, 3000 stall, Lid and K&N, ported TB, 220/224, .551, 114 LSA, roller rockers, LT's, 2.5" true duals with X-pipe, Koni adjustable front and Bilstein rears with Hotchkis springs, front bar and bushings, welded SFC's, boxed LCA's., Midnight Blue trimmed in silver, silver face gauges, custom hood bird, HPT (with lot's of tuning)

You should be able to tune the MAF or VE using a combination of normal driving and WOT driving and get the same results when tuning with a WB and AFR error like you are.

You're sure closed loop is disabled right? No STFTs or LTFTs showing up?
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Yes closed loop disabled, the only thing re-enabled it the MAF fail frequency, but will check for STFT or LTFTs.
    2002 WS-6, Built A-4, 3000 stall, Lid and K&N, ported TB, 220/224, .551, 114 LSA, roller rockers, LT's, 2.5" true duals with X-pipe, Koni adjustable front and Bilstein rears with Hotchkis springs, front bar and bushings, welded SFC's, boxed LCA's., Midnight Blue trimmed in silver, silver face gauges, custom hood bird, HPT (with lot's of tuning)

I am scanning STFTs, why...I dont know but they are 0.0 and dont move, would the MAF DTC setting have anything to do with this?, I noticed when checking the scan, that at a point the AFR goes to 10.24 -10.26 and stays there and even though the numbers are still moving like they are giving real results they are real stable, the normal scaning is no where this stable, this happined once before, is this just a hickup and this scan is to be trashed, what would make the AEM WB read this?, does this happin to others?