Thread: Please Help!!

Potential Tuner

Please Help!!

I have just recieved hp tuners. I need to bump the revlimiter atleast 1000 rpm before this weekend. I have a 2004 cavalier 2.2, That I race at the local 3/8 mile dirt track. the car is just bumping the stock limiter about three to four times. before entering the corners. There are 2 to 3 cars that gain on me going into the corners because of this.
    This is all new to me. I normally would just take the time to figure out everything myself. But, this weekend is a big trophy race and I want to make sure that I have it done correctly before I go racing.
    I am hoping that someone would be so kind as to explain how to do this correctly, In a way that a complete moron such as myself(LOL) can understand, and hopefully do correctly.

rule 1

1st advice -------is always post your tune and or a scan file .....with your question --------- some will know the answer anyways but many need a look to give you a good answer
    .....check the dang stickies
    read and

good luck
    2.4 ecotech ( 2006 pontiac solstice )
    42lb injectors
    trim 50 garrett t3t4 (custom -barebones pumpking )
    boost @ aprox 7 <10
    38mm tial wastegate and bov
    3" tubes front to back
    werks radiator
    bell intercooler
    GXP,magna flo exhaust-with integrated dumptube by B_FASTER & R&D
    aem wideband
    custom manifold -by sh**er the skunk
    (((HP ))) tuning - in progress
    jet hot 2000
    aerospace logic egt kit

Always Support Our Troops!

Potential Tuner

Thanks.

Thanks for the fast reply. Like I said, I am totally new to this and I have not yet even hooked anyhting up or tryed anything yet. Just recieved the tuner today. I am hoping to try it out 2morow. I will post back letting all no how I make out.
    Once again, thanks for helping out a newbie.