Thread: credit and licensing help

Potential Tuner

credit and licensing help

I trying to get my O1 GMC 2500HD W/6.0L licensed.this is my second truck I'am just not sure how many credits or the differance in the credits.all I need to do is just change some simple thing like top speed,gears,shift points,rev limt.which credits would be best for me.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Make sure your using the latest public version 2.1.18 then just license the file as shown here http://www.thetuningdoctor.com/HPTun...censeafile.swf using either 2 credits for the single vcm or 6 for the year/model license.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    I need to buy credits I just dont know the differance between credits and which one is best for me.

Potential Tuner
    sorry I'am use 2.1.18

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    There is no different between credits. 1 credit is 1 credit. Each credit costs the same amount of $

From what I've read it sounds like I have to use a credit every time I change my tune!? Surely this is not the case. I want to buy this product for personal use for 2 C5s that I own, but from what I have read I have to license my tune before I reload it? I've had 2 other people read through this site and they came to the same conclusion. Can someone please clearify. I don't want to pay $50.00 everytime I change something.

Once you license a vehicle, you can tune it an unlimited number of times.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Great!

I did read that if I bought a tune on line that I had to license it, is that correct? I am purchasing 2 superchargers from A&A and they are going to supply a base tune for both cars and I wanted to purchase HPtuner to load it and fine tune them at my local Dyno. How many credits will I need? And if I scan my cars, send the file to A&A to change it, will I need to license those updated files?

Did I mention I'm new to this game? My idea of a mail order tune is a set of jets from Summit!

Jay just called me so I think I'm clear on everything now. Thanks for your help.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    your best bet if your getting emailed tunes is to use the copy over differences feature of our program http://www.thetuningdoctor.com/HPTun...encesshort.swf which will allow you to sync up the two files within, literally, a matter of seconds. This way you don't use any credits yet get everything to be the same between files.

-Bill