Thread: Getting ready to tune, need scanning advice

Tuner in Training

Getting ready to tune, need scanning advice

My PCM is going to get "unlocked" this week, so after that I'm going to be able to tune my car finally. I just put an Intercooler and 3.2 pulley over the weekend, so I'm ready to tune. However I'm going to need some begining help on where to start. In very hot weather 93-105* weather, I'm getting some KR, if I go out when it gets into the high 80's it's just a blimp and gone (up to 1* for a split second), so, I'm going to need help figuring if I need to pull timing, or add fuel. What gauges do I need to set up to help people look at my car and help me figure out where to start?

I have a 2002 Grand Prix GTP. I've eliminated the gauges that don't work and I'm trying to add torque and injector duty cycle.

Also when I scan and put it on the site, so I just do a couple of 0-60 runs? If not, what's the best way to get the scan data without making it to long?

Thanks.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Theres a couple of decent configs you can use in the sticky above.

Tuning isn't just about wot but if thats what you want a few 0-60's would be fine I suppose.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Well I want to maximize my power all around, but right now I'm seeing the biggest danger at WOT (KR on very hot days) so I thought I'd start there. I figured it's best to eliminate the greatest threat first, then slowly tune the entire range.

Tuner in Training
    Any good guides to learn about the long and short fuel trims? What exactly am I looking at here, and where I should see these numbers at? I'm trying to find this information, and I don't know if I'm just missing it somewhere or not?

Thanks.

Tuning your engine, is like building a house, you need a good foundation first, start with idle, then do cruise/part throttle, then do your WOT.