Thread: L67 tuning questions

Potential Tuner

L67 tuning questions

when you read these questions you will see that I am new and need help. First is about the VE table. What do the numbers actually represent?I have numbers from 61 to 114 on the factory setting and don't understand them. Second question,I understand that the KR retard recovery rate or decay number is the # of seconds that it takes to recover from each degree of KR. I have a factory setting of 39. Can this mean 39 seconds/degree or 390 seconds for 10 degrees of KR? Also is a knock fast attack rate of 15 saying that it will retard 15 degrees with each knock heard by the sensor untill it gets to the max. retard wich happens to also be set at 15? Any help will be greatly welcomed.

I think the VE values are percentages (at least that's what the description in the editor says ).

I do know that the knock table units are not a 1 to 1 ratio. That is 1 unit in the table does not equate to 1 degree or 1 degree/sec. In the Knock Fast Attack Rate vs RPM table (this table is actually a knock multiplier table and not a base KR table) approx 8 units equates to a knock multiplier of 1.0. And in the Knock Retard Decay vs RPM tables (High and Low load) a table value of about 45 equates to a decay rate of 1 degree per second.