Thread: LS2 fans (again.....)

LS2 fans (again.....)

this are my settings here:
    so at what numbers should what action happen?
    the fans kick in at 192, BUT, once they're running, they don't stop anymore...
    when I shut off the engine & start it right away again, they don't come on until 192. then they won't stop again......

with the 49 value at 192 in the Fan Desired% table you go from high speed fans to low speed fans but never off. You have to go below 25% at 192 to turn them off.

See the Fan State table: 1->0 = 25
    Always Support Our Troops!

so my inital starting temperatur would be 196, run the fans on stage one & shut them off at 192, right?

Correct.
    Always Support Our Troops!

I am still not following.

I am working on a friends LS2 trailblazer.

He has his efan connected to the output of the OEM relay. The ECM (pin 36 pulls this relay to ground and the relay provides 12 volts to the Fan. Easy enough.

But when set to Discrete (1 fan) the fan does not start when the truck reaches 192.

I know it works because the fan cycles briefly when we start the truck.

Below is the current setup.

Tuner
    The way you have it set it won't come on till 228 degrees.

Set it up like this ex, Discrete 1 etc...

I've done acouple 06-07's with GTO and LS1 setups. Single and Independent fan setups
    Last edited by Galvatron; 10-11-2007 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatron
    The way you have it set it won't come on till 228 degrees.

Set it up like this ex, Discrete 1 etc...

I've done acouple 06-07's with GTO and LS1 setups. Single and Independent fan setups
    OK can you explain how that works. You must be referring to the "51" I have in the 228 column?

Tuner
    Yes "51" is when the fans will turn on. BUT if you put any # in the 192, the fan/fans will run all the time.

On my GTO setup, I like #1 fan to come on at 199 and then fan # 203, When it hits 199 it cools down quick enough that #2 doesn't come on, but if it does go above then I want #2 to come on. And I like it to run for 120sec with the key off when it calls for it, otherwise I also have an override switch.

I put in an override on all the setups.

Well this is a single fan setup so I assum I need to change that to Number of Fans 1.

You said by putting any number in there it will run all the time. What does "91" mean ?

So the other numbers does this mean at 196 it cycles the fan 25 % of the time and at 199 it cycles it 50%

Thanks much

Tuner
    Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help. I talked to him tonight and he said they were cycling. But he had not been more than a couple blocks.

I wasnt sure if they were working because we sat there in the lot and the truck was about 196 and cooled down to 188 and never did kick off.
    I am getting ready to dig into this because I am not fully grasping it.

Thanks again,

Rich

Tuner
    When you flash a new fan tune it seems to cycle better if you drive around the block etc, rather then let it idle after the flash to see if the fan/fans turn on at X temp. Especially if your trying out the ign off settings.