Thread: New to tuning. I need a tuning buddy :)

Tuner in Training

New to tuning. I need a tuning buddy :)

Hey guys, my car has a few bolt ons.... intake/full exhaust/suspension/9" diff.... in preperation for Nitrous later.

Now that I've pretty much finished my suspension and bolt ons.... I'd like to learn to tune. Problem is I keep hitting some walls where the write ups do not mention certain things (im sure many can relate) and some things the write up say are not exactly correct....

So instead of looking like a dumbass and posting trivial questions every 2 minutes.... I was hoping someone would volunteer to anwser my newbish quesitons on AIM whenever they are on. I'd really appreciate it

my screen name is: its me exit
    message me or reply on here and I'll send you an IM....

oh yeah NO fair

theres plenty to learn from reading your posts ....
    even if its " lookin like a "dumba$$ questions.......ok in the ((ANSWERS )) anyway..lol...
    i'm not seeing the benefit of you takin it on the side....... ... while the rest of us noobs... ...are weak in the same areas......have similar questions etc.......
    lol...... i could use your help ! - picking up my slack and asking questions

so ohhh yeah NO FAIR....
    stick around and struggle with the rest of us !..........
    2.4 ecotech ( 2006 pontiac solstice )
    42lb injectors
    trim 50 garrett t3t4 (custom -barebones pumpking )
    boost @ aprox 7 <10
    38mm tial wastegate and bov
    3" tubes front to back
    werks radiator
    bell intercooler
    GXP,magna flo exhaust-with integrated dumptube by B_FASTER & R&D
    aem wideband
    custom manifold -by sh**er the skunk
    (((HP ))) tuning - in progress
    jet hot 2000
    aerospace logic egt kit

Where are you located?
    2004 Yellow M6
    HPT Pro, LM1, SVEDE, 85mm FAST Manifold, 85mm TB, TR224 112 Cam, TEA ported/milled 243 heads, SW LT headers, SW Custom Side Exhaust, King springs, Pedders shocks, Hotchkis sways, Pedders & ES Bushings, DBA rotors, Hawk/Axxis pads, Stoptech lines, shiftlight, AP Sideskirts, AP rear bumper, 05 hood, SAP grilles, Hoens, dual aeroforce gauges
    Stock 309.8 RWHP 330.7 RWTQ
    Now ? RWHP ? RWTQ
    1 of 1014

2017 Audi A5 2.0T Cabriolet (bone stock) Daily/winter driver

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by zzzybil
    theres plenty to learn from reading your posts ....
    even if its " lookin like a "dumba$$ questions.......ok in the ((ANSWERS )) anyway..lol...
    i'm not seeing the benefit of you takin it on the side....... ... while the rest of us noobs... ...are weak in the same areas......have similar questions etc.......
    lol...... i could use your help ! - picking up my slack and asking questions

so ohhh yeah NO FAIR....
    stick around and struggle with the rest of us !..........

Haha... i get where you're coming from. However, most of the questions I had last night before I did a lot of reading were REALLY REALLY stupid trivial questions that I did not want to bother posting.

For example, in the LS1 Tuning info guide 101 or whatever... it says

C. Start the VCM scanner>Histogram display. File>Connect. Then Tools>VCM Controls>Fuel & Spark>Fuel Trim Learn>Reset Fuel Trims
    However, when I look in tools there is no such thing as 'VCM Controls'.... the next day I found the 'VCM Controls' under 'Displays'..... im guessing maybe it was changed from location with 2.1

Anyway... just felt like a stupid question that didnt need to be posted. Was hoping I could find someone to learn with.... doesn't have to be a Pro tuner or anything. 2 heads are better then 1

I'm from Miami, FL

i hear yuh

i'm waiting on my manifold to come back ............hopefully monday ( according to my guess.( jethot shipping info )
    ..get that sucker on tuesday if i'm lucky ??........oh wellllll no sense getting ahead myself .......
    ......and i have an egt kit to connect...whoa .... looking forward to getting that logging.......hahaha at least i know what connector to use this time !

and i'm sure i'll be torturing mr foff again soon enuff !!!.........
    2.4 ecotech ( 2006 pontiac solstice )
    42lb injectors
    trim 50 garrett t3t4 (custom -barebones pumpking )
    boost @ aprox 7 <10
    38mm tial wastegate and bov
    3" tubes front to back
    werks radiator
    bell intercooler
    GXP,magna flo exhaust-with integrated dumptube by B_FASTER & R&D
    aem wideband
    custom manifold -by sh**er the skunk
    (((HP ))) tuning - in progress
    jet hot 2000
    aerospace logic egt kit