Thread: Extended Warranty

Extended Warranty

I like to have a extended warranty, the mods I made would have nothing to do with a fuel pump, power steering pump, window motors etc. going bad, I had a ext. warranty bought when the car was new from the dealer (they sold me a NON-GMPP) and when my alt. went out they sent a case worker who saw the exhaust and SLP TB and said I modded the car and cancelled the warranty, even the dealer and serv. mngr. went to bat saying what I did had nothing to do with the alt. and if I would have been sold a GMPP this would not have happened, just anything I modded on the car would not be covered, is there any honest ext. warrantys out there for a 2002 with 18,000 miles on it, I called GMPP but they would not cover it since it been out of factory warranty to long, and called Pontiac and explained the situation...but no help...to many people getting screwed around in America by big business...any toughts other than Thats the way it goes?
    2002 WS-6, Built A-4, 3000 stall, Lid and K&N, ported TB, 220/224, .551, 114 LSA, roller rockers, LT's, 2.5" true duals with X-pipe, Koni adjustable front and Bilstein rears with Hotchkis springs, front bar and bushings, welded SFC's, boxed LCA's., Midnight Blue trimmed in silver, silver face gauges, custom hood bird, HPT (with lot's of tuning)

Senior Tuner
    I don't know whether non-manufacturer warranties are bound by
    Magnusson-Moss but that's what I'd want to know about. Seems
    like there would have to be stuff in the fine print about "any mod
    and we bone your every orifice" and you should not be subject to
    outright cancellation since you did pay in advance for the full term.

As far as getting any satisfaction, though, good luck. A good
    portion of the warranty companies have already gone belly up,
    who were writing when I bought mine.