Thread: V6 Alloytech torque management

Potential Tuner

V6 Alloytech torque management

Hi, I've been tuning a V6 alloytech for the past month and anyone who's driven one hard will know they have a very bad cylinder cut at high torque and high RPM. Was wondering if anyone has used hp tuner to tune a supercharged alloytech and what they have done for the torque management? I've Zero'd the torque mgt cyl disable table but it gives the exhaust note a bad grumble on deceleration.

playing with my mates sv6 today, hes had a bad crackle with his exhaust for some time, his mods being CAI, extractors and catback exhaust.
    been at him to bang in a tank of premium for some time... today tells me hes done so, so i cranked up the advanced timing, that extinguished the rude exhaust deceleration crackle and neatened up the exhaust note some what, not to mention givin it some balls on takeoff!
    as for your situation what engine ya running and what induction and exhaust configuration you running?

Id like to add to this... since ive done a course on the software, doesnt make me expert or anything!
    Supercharged alloytecs i cant help ya with as mine is relativly stock as a rock, suggest maybe talkin to Chris on this!
    as for the loss of power in cylinders have you at all been recording any Knock Retard?
    Also what fuel are you running, and how cool is the air intake temperature as this does impact heavily causing predetonation resulting in knock retard and a significant loss of power.
    Id shoot some pms to fellow members who are running or have spoken about tuning supercharged v6s
    cheers, Bryan